A Predicament

Solomon's P.O.V

"So you're saying his wolf nearly took over? How can that even be possible? His wolf would only take over if it knew she was his mate..." Marcus, Catalina and I were talking together in the same room we brought Jack in when we first met.

"Perhaps we got it wrong?" Catalina said. "What if the bond between them is so strong, sexual intercourse isn't needed."

"The Book doesn't say that; and neither did the elders." I said frustratingly.

"Solomon, Catalina is right. It has been centuries since this has happened, the elders may have got it wrong." Marcus said calmly. "I know my place. But I can't help but feel as though you don't want this for your brother?"

I understood where Marcus was coming from. Anyone looking from the outside-in would think that I was my brothers worst enemy, and that I didn't want him to be happy.

"It's not that," I began. "But Catalina told me her visions a long time ago, and they weren't nice. A lot of werewolves are going to die if...If Adrian finds out Ailani is his mate. The Hunters are already killing us as it is, the last thing we need is another werewolf war."

"I understand that Solomon," Catalina said. "But would you rather see your brother die slowly because he has not found his mate? Time is almost up for him."

Catalina was right. Catalina was always right. A werewolf died before his 30th birthday if he wasn't mated.

"You and your brother are the only ones left of your bloodline. If he dies, then only you can carry on the legacy of your father."

"Gee, thanks Marcus. Thanks for the reminder."

**********

Ailani's P.O.V

"Hey, you're Ailani right?" I was approached by the girl that had beat up Jack. Amanda I think her name was.

"Yeah, that's me. You're Amanda aren't you?"

She smiled sheepishly and nodded. "Sorry about your friend by the way. Sometimes I get carried away in a fight and end up taking it too far."

We were all in the dining room again, chilling before dinner was served. Jack and Katie were getting drinks at the bar together, and I was keeping our table occupied. Everyone was out of their training gear, wearing casual clothes.

"It's okay," I said. "He kind of needed to be put in his place a little bit."

She laughed, a little bit too much; and then kind of just stood there awkwardly.

"Mind if I sit with you guys?" She asked nervously. "My friends have kind of ditched me to go partying."

I pulled out a chair and she sat down with a beaming smile. "There's places to party around here?" I asked. "This place just looks so desolate...In a nice kind of way."

"They've gone partying in the city." She answered.

"Isn't that where all the humans are?"

"Yeah." She said, sighing a little. "Alpha Adrian doesn't like us mixing with the humans. Sometimes we go to the city for a bit, but we try to avoid humans as much as possible."

My heart stung a bit when she said that. What was so wrong with us?

"But my friends don't really listen to Adrian as much as they should do. They don't really see the problem with partying with humans."

"Yeah, us humans are fun to party with." Jack said as he sat down at the table. I shot him a death glare, my heart beating out of my chest. Amanda looked at him confused.

"He's just joking." Katie intervened. "He's tipsy."

Amanda chuckled a bit and rolled her eyes, turning back to me. "How do you find the humans?" She asked me.

How was I supposed to answer this?

"To be fair, I think everyone can be a bastard. Werewolf or human. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more decent humans than there were werewolves."

Something seemed to be ticking in Amanda's head. My heart pounded as I waited for an answer.

"I guess you've got a point there," she said. "Some of the girls here can total bitches. Sometimes it makes you think that there must be nicer people around somewhere, werewolf or human."

"Do you think the guys here hate me?" Jack asked randomly.

Amanda chuckled a bit. "Some of them aren't too keen on you. But that's only because they weren't expecting you to win the fight. They'll come around... Eventually."

"I hope so, I'm getting death glares everywhere I go." Jack admitted, taking a large drink of his beer.

**********

Adrian's P.O.V

"I don't know what's happening to me. One minute I'm fine and my wolf is barely noticeable. The next minute he's going crazy and trying to take control."

I was in my office with Samson and Christopher, charging up and down the room, embarrassed at what I had just done.

"It's the girl isn't it?" Christopher asked slowly.

I spun around and glared at him. I know why it happened, but my heart was pounding in my throat because no one else was supposed to figure that out.

"What girl?" I asked confused.

Christopher replied cautiously. "That...that girl that you were teaching. The new girl. Ailani I think her name is."

"And what makes you think this is about her?"

"Alpha...I, she. It just looked as though...you're eyes went black Alpha, and that only happens if a werewolf is controlled by anger or-."

"Lust. Yes I get it." I was caught red-handed. "It can't be though, she's not my mate."

"Are you sure Alpha?" Samson asked.

"I'm sure of it, otherwise I would have marked her by now."

Samson and Christopher sighed simultaneously, making my shoulders tense even more. This girl was peculiar, I was attracted to her for sure. But my mate. She wasn't my mate; and so my attraction for her must be wrong.

"What are you going to do?"

There was long silence as I began to think of ways to get out of this predicament. I could only think of one solution.

"I must demand for a Mating Call."