Disobedience

"Is it just me, or did that man seem a bit off to you?"

Katie and I were placed into the same suite, and as soon as the door was closed behind us, we flopped down on the king sized bed placed in the middle of the room, and began talking.

"What do you mean, a bit off?" Katie asked raising an eyebrow at me. She had found a packet of cookies placed on the bedside table, and wasn't afraid to talk with her mouth full.

"I mean, the way he answered our questions, he seemed like he was hiding something?" I didn't know how to explain myself properly, but I knew something wasn't right.

"Well he spoke quickly and paused a lot between sentences, but that was it..." Katie obviously wasn't as curious as I was, so I shrugged it off and took one of the cookies she was eating.

Then there was a hurried knock at the door. I hesitantly opened it, only to find Jack with a confused and suspicious look plastered on his face.

"Okay so something is seriously up with this place."

I guess I wasn't the only one.

**********

"So there are wolves around here? I was right when I said we'd hit a wolf, wasn't I?" Jack was laying flat on his stomach on the bed, hogging the cookies.

"Apparently so," Katie said. "There can't be paintings of wolves around this hotel for no reason."

"The man said that all the members of the hotel are on some kind of vacation or something," Jack said frowning.

"That must explain why it seems so quiet around here."

Two minutes into talking, there was a strong knock at the door. Jack opened it, and was met by the same man, who was now dressed in a black tuxedo. In his hand was a stack of Dominos pizza; the smell wafting through the large room.

He looked surprised to see Jack in our room, and frowned a bit before smiling kindly.

"Forgive me, but your mother has informed us that you Londoners enjoy pizza very much. This is, if I'm correct, your favourite dish." He lifted up the first stack of pizza, revealing the American Hot...Large. I smiled from the bed at the sight of the fresh food.

Jack went to take the pizza from his hands, but the man came into the room instead and placed it on the table.

"What's your name if you don't mind me asking?" I said, taking a slice of pizza.

He smiled childishly. "My name is Marcus, but you may call me Mark if that's easier."

"I like Marcus," Katie said winking at him. He smiled at her slightly.

"Where are you going?" I questioned.

"Questions, questions Ailani." Jack teased, shaking his head.

"No worries," Marcus started. "I am going out to a very important meeting. You are free to venture around the hotel grounds, but I am sorry to say that you cannot go beyond the border of the left wing. There are premises that are for members of the hotel only, and they are clearly marked with a small X on the doorknob. You must not enter those rooms."

"Or what?" Jack said. 

Something in Markus' shoulders tensed and his jaw visibly tightened. But when Jack started laughing, his shoulders relaxed and a small grin came onto his face. "Well, if you excuse me, I must be going." He said, walking towards the door. "Feel free to try our indoor swimming pool and spa room, or the game room on the 3rd floor. If you need anything, the receptionist downstairs will help you." And with that, he left.