It's Coming

Catalina's P.O.V

"I don't get it. If this is witchcraft, if what you're saying is true, why don't we just get a book of spells or something to keep her away from Ailani?" Solomon got up from his seat and began pacing the room, ignoring the glares he was getting from the Elders sitting at the table.

Rhea didn't hide the scoff that came from her mouth.

"Our pack does not practice witchcraft, Solomon. Even if there was a book, which there is not, we wouldn't have one on this territory." Sophia said, gracing herself back to the seat she sat in. Her wrinkles were getting tighter and tighter, as she concentrated, frowning at Ailani's frame and the talk of witches.

"What, so you don't have a book of spells?"

"Should he even be here?" Rhea asked. "He knows nothing."

"Quiet little wolf."

"I mean, he's literally not said anything helpful at all." Rhea ignored Solomon's remark and kept speaking, directing her question to myself and Sophia.

"Rhea, you are wise and know a lot despite your young age," Sophia began, earning a smirk from the young black girls face. "But do not forget that Solomon is the brother of an Alpha, and if we are very unfortunate to lose Adrian, he will be your leader."

"Right, what she said." Solomon spat.

"But Solomon," his face fell. "Be quiet from now on. Rhea is correct, you are not being helpful in the slightest."

"What are we to do?" Adrian asked, placing a hand on my shoulder, comforting me after the evil I just witnessed.

"We are to wait."

"For what, exactly?" I asked.

"She must regain consciousness."

"Forgive me for interrupting," Rhea said. "But she will not regain consciousness anytime soon. The power that this woman has is far too strong-."

"How do you know?" Adrian said quickly.

"Alpha, I have already told you. My pack is all too familiar with the magic that comes from a witch."

"Then get your pack to come and fix it." Adrian was beginning to lose his patience.

"You misunderstand me, Alpha. My pack does not engage with witchcraft. It is forbidden. Our magic comes from our Goddess and only Her. But, my island is full of those who practice dark magic, and I have been unfortunate enough to understand what a lot of it means. Ailani will not wake up, not on her own anyway."

"So what do we do? Cast a circle or something?" Solomon said.

"For once, at least you've said something that makes sense-." Rhea commented.

"There will be no casting of any sort of this territory. Not now, not ever. Witchcraft may be real, but it is dark and very dangerous. I will not risk summoning evil into this pack for the sake of a wolf."

"You mean my mate!" Adrian growled, his eyes turning an iridescent grey.

"Calm yourself, boy." Sophia said. "Do not raise your voice at me-."

"I am your Alpha!"

"And I am your Elder. I have more wisdom than this whole pack combined. I have accompanied more than three generations of werewolves, including your fathers and your grandfathers pack. I know my more than you, Adrian. You know nothing of magic. You knew nothing of the legend until now. You will have no say in this matter."

I watched as Adrian clenched and unclenched his jaw. His wolf had been rightfully challenged, and he didn't know how to take it. For a good 5 minutes no one spoke.