A Small Pack

Ailani's P.O.V

"Why won't it open?" Katie was the first to reach one of the rooms, but she couldn't get in.

"Maybe..." Jack said sarcastically, "the door has been locked on the inside?" He shook his head at the lack of Katie's common sense. Katie stopped trying and huffed in defeat.

Adrian walked up to the door, tired of standing behind us idly, then banged on it. "Is anyone in there?"

"They're probably unconscious," I said.

"Or dead." Jack added. That must have sent Adrian over the edge, because he slammed his foot into the door, creating a massive hole in the middle.

"Bloody hell," Jacks murmurs were covered by the vicious sound of Adrian tearing the entrance apart with his bare hands, punching the door away to create a big enough hole for him to fit through. When he had done all the damage, we all stepped through into an empty room.

"There's no one in here."

"Guys, they're in the bathroom." Jack had walked into the on-suite, and found three pack members tied up with a thick rope, mouths glued with duck tape. "None of them are awake, they've been drugged."

"And how do you know that?" Adrian said stepping into the bathroom, veins popping out of his neck.

Jack shook a tub of pills that were left lying on the floor, the lid half open. "They're sleeping pills. But it says you're only supposed to take two a day, and this bottle is already half empty."

"For fuck sake, they might not wake up." Adrian was running his hands through his hair in anger and fear. He didn't know what to do.

"It's very unlikely that you can die from overdosing on sleeping pills. But when they wake up, they might not be their normal selves again. It comes with side effects." I was saying this as I scrolled through my phone, reading the relevant information on the page.

Adrian walked out of the bathroom and headed towards the hole in the door. "Are you just gonna leave them there?" Jack asked as he followed Adrian to the hallway.

"What else am I supposed to do? Do you wanna carry them?" Adrian said quickly. He walked towards the next room and kicked a hole in that one too. When he stepped inside, he turned around and looked at Jack. "Do you think you're strong enough to kick a hole in one of these doors? You know, seeing as you're human?"

Jack smirked a bit and tried to bust a hole through one of the other doors, but it didn't work.

Adrian huffed and motioned me to go over and help him. "Jack, let Ailani do it."

It only took me one swift kick to puncture the hard material of the door. Jack stood back in awe and watched as I began elbowing the remaining parts away with ease.

"What did he to you?" Jack asked as we both stepped inside.

"He's given me power." I shrugged my shoulders nonchalantly and made my way inside. Lo and behold, three other pack members were tied up with rope in the bathroom, unconscious. "Ivan's drugged them all."

*********************

Catalina's P.O.V

My visions weren't working anymore, but I was constantly being bombarded with a foreboding feeling of the future.

"Is Alpha Adrian going to punish us?" Amanda was huddled in the corner, her arms wrapped around her knees for comfort. Her and the other girls hadn't stopped crying since they found out the mistake they had made. "Is he going to kick me out the pack."

"Silence!" I hissed at her whining. "I have a lot more to worry about than what Adrian does to you."

"I swear, we thought she was human..."

"She is human," I replied, checking my phone for any new messages. None.

"How is that even possible?" Amanda asked, her eyes hardening with confusion. "We were taught that to be a Luna, you had to have the blood of a werewolf-."

"What you learnt is not entirely true. You were taught lies, so that order would continue to exist. If we had told you that there was a possibility of humans and werewolves living together, you would have betrayed your own to mix with them. That would have been a catastrophe."

"So we are allowed to mix with humans then?" Maddie spoke up, her lip still busted from the beating she took from her Luna, Ailani.

"No. You are not to mix with humans."

"But why?"

I shot a mean glance Amanda's way, letting her acknowledge my authority. "Humans as a species cannot be trusted. War would break out, the humans have a tendency to destroy anything they believe are stronger than they are."

"So something like this has happened before right?" Robyn asked, her eyes closing slightly.

"Yes. Many centuries ago. And it was not pretty, not pretty at all."

****************

Ailani's P.O.V

"We've checked all the rooms on the other floors, everyone is drugged. He's knocked the whole pack out." Jack and I came out of the elevator, exhausted and helpless.

"Shit." Adrian hissed and banged his fist into the metal doors as they began to close. "Any sign of Christopher, or Marcus?"

"Nope. Or Catalina and Solomon." Jack shook his head.

"They've either been captured, or they are hiding somewhere else on this territory. We have to find them. Before Ivan does."

"Shall we split up?" Katie asked as we began walking down the hallway.

"No. We stick together. I'm not losing anymore of my pack."

Jack and I looked at each other, a large smile plastered on our faces.

"Wait so we're a part of your pack now?" Jack's voice was more than amused.

Adrian turned round and looked at us all smiling. "Don't push it," he snapped.