Freedom and Fire

Ailani's P.O.V

"Why are these keys so heavy?"

"Ailani, I mean it's lovely to see you again. But can we focus on opening the cell and not measuring the weight of the keys."

"Jack, it's lovely to see you again. But can you just shut the hell up and be patient. Thanks."

Jack grimaced at my reply and stood back as the door swung open, stretching his arms out wide dramatically.

I didn't really take much notice of Jack and Katie, I couldn't stop staring at Adrian, who looked beaten down and sexually frustrated.

"We meet again," I said, smiling. My height reached to his collarbone; but for some reason I didn't feel small anymore. I was his equal.

"What happened to you?" Adrian's jaw clenched as he saw the faint claw marks on my cheeks. "Once I find out who did this I'll-."

"Don't worry, they've already been dealt with." I said casually, shrugging my shoulders. Adrian smirked at me and kissed my forehead gently. "They made me drink your blood."

My whisper wasn't meant to come out that loud.

"THEY MADE YOU DO WHAT?!" Katie exclaimed, her voice more shocked than necessary.

I shrugged my shoulders again. "No biggie," I said. "I kind of liked it. And I guess it's what brought me to you." Looking into Adrian's eyes was becoming easier and easier. "I am your mate, Adrian. I may be hum-."

"I know who you are." Adrian shushed me before I could say anything else. "I was wrong," he looked to the ground in shame. "I felt something when I first met you, but I ignored it."

"You're not supposed to ignore the mating bond, buddy." Jack slapped Adrian on the back playfully. Adrian slapped Jack on the shoulder, not so friendly.

"OUCH! You should be thanking me, I was the one who told you that the Legend was true." Jack rubbed his shoulder carefully, face squinting with pain.

"I knew about the legend long before you even came here. I just never believed it to be true." Adrian looked at me admiringly. "Obviously I couldn't have been more wrong."

"How are we gonna get out of here? This place has more guards then a shopping mall." Katie was standing nervously, pinching her skin at the wrist.

"Don't worry, they've been dealt with. We can just walk out." I answered, heading for the door.

"Damn Ailani, how much strength did Adrian actually give you?" Jack was looking at me like I was someone else. "Now we can't wrestle each other anymore."

I laughed a bit. He was right, I would beat him easily if he ever tried to fight me. Adrian growled lowly and looked at Jack with anger and suspicion.

"Adrian; it's not what you think. Gosh possessive or nah." I looked at Katie and we both giggled childishly.

"Alright, lets get out of here before someone comes." Adrian was the first out the door, his hands holding some kind of weapon he had found on the floor outside the cell.

***************

Alpha Ivan's P.O.V

"Adrian will be found guilty for pack treason, this much we know for sure. But his penalty may not be death."

I was talking to my Beta, Simon, who was advising me on what action to take against Adrian's pack. Apparently Adrian wouldn't be punished properly for his crimes. The advantages of being the most strongest Alpha alive.