It's Not Funny

Adrian's P.O.V

"Can someone tell me what the fuck is going on? You've got two zombies lying in the pack hospital and you're out here staring into space."

Solomon was pacing up and down the hallway, muttering to himself every now and then, before shouting his frustrations out at me. I had left Katie and Jack with Ailani, hoping that the two of them would take good care of her whilst I tried to figure out what was happening.

"Didn't you make sure they were dead? Marcus said they wouldn't stand a chance of surviving, you heard him say that didn't you?" Solomon stood still and waited for my reply.

When I didn't give him one he continued to pace up and down.

"This is fucking unbelievable. Over the course of what? A month - shits already started to hit the fan. If mum and dad were her-."

My wolf growled at the mention of my parents. "Mum and dad aren't here anymore, they're dead. You swore to never speak of them again, I'm in charge no-."

Solomon interrupted me. "Brother, I know they are gone, and I know that you are Alpha. But can you explain any of this without getting confused?" He motioned towards the door behind me, where the two dead-but-now-alive girls were being kept.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Catalina is in there with them, she knows more about this than anyone."

****************

"I have no idea what could have happened." Catalina said matter of factly, shaking her head with a sigh.

"Well there goes our only hope," Solomon said. "What did you see in your vision?"

Catalina paused and I watched as she tried to dive back into her memory to remember what she saw. "I saw a woman that looked the spitting image of Ailani, although she was older and spoke French. I was lying on a bed, on the verge of what felt like death; until she placed her hand on my forehead and I began to heal."

"But Ailani didn't heal two dying wolves, the two of them were already dead. Ailani's just resurrected these girls like it was nothing." Solomon still was finding it hard to understand. He ran his fingers through his hair in frustration.

"What if they weren't dead? What if we mistook them for two dead wolves, when they were only dying?" Catalina mused, her eyes staring into nothingness.

"Nonsense, I checked their pulses myself, and they were fucking cold. They were dead. I'm sure of it." I said, shaking my head.

"Why don't we ask Ailani for ourselves?" Catalina asked.

"No." I was quick to jump up Ane object. "Ailani needs rest, she is not to be approached until she is better."

**************

Ailani's P.O.V

"Eye spy with my little eye, something beginning with J."

"That's easy. Jack!" Katie said, clapping her hands together at her success.

"Nice try, but no." Jack deadpanned her. Nicely.

"Jaffa cakes," I said.

"Come on Ailani, I know you're not 100% with it right now, but where the hell do you see Jaffa cakes in this room?" Jack groaned.