The End of Something New

Ailani's P.O.V

"I think it's best that you leave through the back entrance, there's too many people out front." 

The sound of the suitcases dulled the sniffles Katie and I were making. It took all of my strength to not walk out and find the guys sitting by the bar area, ask them for forgiveness, ask them if we could still be friends...

"Amanda has probably told them all by now anyway, they wouldn't want to see us." Jack trailed behind the two of us, followed by Solomon and Catalina. The anger in his voice was far from gone, and I doubt it would leave anytime soon. "Now that they know we're humans, we've become their enemies." 

"I'm sure they mean well," Catalina said sweetly. Jack gave her a side-eye, as if to say "even you know that's not true." 

"This holiday was supposed to be lit!" Katie cried annoyingly. 

"Far fucking from it," Jack murmured, opening the boot of the cab that Catalina ordered for us. 

"Don't worry. The money you spent on the holiday will be sent directly back to y-." 

"I don't care about the money!" I yelled frustratingly, tears bursting from my eyes. "I just want my fucking mate." My throat was sore from holding in the pain. I hadn't meant to say anything, but the agony of leaving Adrian was taking a toll on me. It was as if something deep inside me could tell that I was leaving him, walking further and further away from the pack. 

"I'm so sorry you had to go through all of this..." Catalina tried to sooth me but I wasn't having any of it. 

"What was the fucking point of us coming here?" I yelled, tears somersaulting down my cheeks. "We followed all your rules, and for what?" Catalina looked like she was about to answer, but I continued. "For nothing! All this for fuck all!" 

This was the part where Jack and Katie were supposed to tell me to calm down. But neither of them said anything as I experienced a mental breakdown, crying my eyes out on the gravel floor, a few feet away from the cab that was to take us back home. 

Katie knelt down on the floor beside me, cradling my head in her arms, stroking my hair softly. 

I looked back at the pack house, which looked very much like a hotel, and sighed a sigh of heartbreak. Then I looked over to Solomon, and smiled hopefully. "Are you sure he wants us to leave?" I asked. Solomon and Jack looked at me as if I was crazy. 

"Ailani didn't you hear wh?" 

"I know - but maybe this is all just some kind of joke?" I got up and hesitated whether or not I should walk back. "He can't reject me right?" Then I turned to Jack. "You told me that when an Alpha rejects his mate then they die...I don't want to die." 

"Ailani, you won't die." Catalina said. "You're human." She smiled kindly at me, her eyes whispering so many apologies. 

My frown didn't change. "So Adrian will die?" The thought of me leaving and never getting the chance to see him again made my heart wrench. 

"My brother is strong," Solomon said. "He won't die anytime soon." 

My frown stayed the same. "But eventually he will die, right?" 

Solomon sighed and nodded his head.

"And yet you're still asking me to leave?" I asked, eyes blurry still. 

"If you don't leave, you will die. Your safety comes first Ailani. We'd rather you be far away but still alive, than close and resting below the earth." Solomon opened the back of the cab door, his head bowed down to the floor in respect. He wanted us to leave now, that much was clear. 

"We'll see you around, okay." Catalina said, her hand on the window as if to say her last goodbye. 

I nodded through the tears, and as soon as the car started moving, and the trees became blurry colours of green, I forced myself to fall asleep through the heartbreak. 

**********

Adrian's P.O.V

"They've left already." Solomon said, walking in the tidy room they had stayed in. 

I clenched my fists, out of anger and frustration, but also to hide the aching pain that kept on surrounding me like I was some kind of prey. 

"What were you going to do with them?" He asked, sitting down on the bed. 

I wanted to yell 'kill them,' but for some reason my wolf howled at the thought. So instead I shook my head; "nothing." 

Marcus entered the room, head bowed in respect, or sorrow. I couldn't tell. 

"Adrian, the Alpha's are demanding your presence in the meeting room." He said urgently. 

I huffed a sigh of exhaustion. I really made a fucking mistake calling this Mating Call. 

"Do you want me to deal with them?" Solomon said, making his way towards the door. 

I shook my head slowly, "I can handle it." 

*****************

"You make a pretty bad host, I must say." 

"Alpha Ivan, long time no see. How's Romania? I heard the economy is still as shit as it was last century." 

Ivan, Alpha of the Mason Pack, laughed at my snark comment. "Very funny, brother. But economy is nothing when you are one of the richest in the land. Now tell me, how do you plan on finding your mate?" 

I grimaced at the word and the way he said it. "I've called a Mating Call, as you can see." 

"Yes, yes, but it doesn't look like you have an army that will survive the Mating Call. I've seen them, they look weak. In fact, you look weak also. Are you sure you are fit for a war?" 

"A Mating Call is not war, Ivan." 

He scoffed at my reply. "That's what we like to say. But you and I know the truth, a Mating Call is război." 

"Come on now," Daniel interrupted our conversation. "Let us be civilised, at least before the 'war' starts." 

Ivan sent a glare in Daniel's direction. "I'm sorry, I didn't even realise you were there. Excuse me." 

I sighed. This was going to be long. 

"Alpha, we have a situation." Marcus walked into the room for the second time today, calling for my help. 

"Marcus, as you can see, I've got a lot on my hands." Ivan snickered as I pointed to his direction. "Can it wait?" 

"I'm afraid not Alpha," Christopher came up behind Marcus, eyes beaming with concern and urgency. "It's a pretty hectic situation." 

"For fuck sake!" I growled, jumping from my chair." 

"Quick Adrian, go sort your pack out." Ivan chuckled darkly, swirling in the black chair he was sitting on. 

"Actually Alpha Ivan, its's your pack."