An Unexpected Decision

Adrian's P.O.V

"There's nothing in here about powers, for fuck sake." I flipped through the pages desperately, skimming the words, looking for something about The Human Luna having supernatural abilities.

"Yeah because look-." Solomon took the Book from my grasp and turned to the middle. Funnily enough, there was about three or four pages that had been ripped out and stolen. Pieces of paper jutted out from the centre; evidence that the person who took the pages didn't think too much about being caught.

"Who would have taken these?" Solomon questioned.

"Who was here? Did you let anyone in this room? Did anyone touch this Boo-,"

"Brother," Solomon interrupted my questions. "We haven't read this Book in decades. It has been locked away, almost forgotten by our pack. If someone was in here, we would have never noticed. These pages could have been stolen generations back, when mum and dad were around..."

The mention of my parents made me shut my eyes with the hope that I could calm myself down. If they were here, a massive burden would be lifted from my shoulders. Of course, I'd still be Alpha, but everything would seem so much easier if I knew I could go straight to them if I needed help. My wolf whimpered at the memory of them both alive, and then cried out in agony with the memory of their death, a tragedy that scarred the whole pack and still hasn't been able to heal properly.

"You're right," I sighed, closing the Book in frustration and putting back where we found it.

"Adrian, what's going on with you." Solomon said, placing a hand on my tense shoulder.

"Santiago gave me some kind of warning, he said that Ailani would bring trouble to the pack, and that her powers would surpass mine."

"Even if they did, which I doubt," Solomon started, "Do you really think that she'd abandon you once she realises her powers are stronger than yours? Is that what you're worried about?"

Solomon was right. If Santiago's warning was true, was it really dangerous that Ailani would be stronger than me? I was her mate; she would never betray me, no matter how much power she yielded.

Ailani's P.O.V

"Okay so you don't have powers like we thought, so what?" Jack was propped up on his elbows on the bed. He and Katie were trying to convince me why having no supernatural powers was a good thing.

"What am I then? Just a fucking human, there's nothing special about being human, especially when you're surrounded by werewolves." I groaned and changed the TV again, perhaps pressing the buttons too aggressively.

"Well, wait a minute," Katie said. "You're eyes glow a different colour, that counts as something."

"And you managed to wake them dead girls up?" Jack chimed in.

"They weren't dead, they were unconscious." I snapped.

Jack shrugged his shoulders as if that wasn't important. "Well still, no one else could tell they were still alive, except you."

I huffed, turning the TV off with a whiny moan. "This sucks."

"Ailani, you are the mate of the most strongest Alpha alive; and you think that sucks. We should be the ones saying that. We literally don't have anything."

I didn't actually know what to say to that. I hadn't even thought of how they felt. I was being selfish. Before I could apologise, another knock came at the door.

"For fuck's sake. Who is it?" I asked.

Catalina didn't ask for permission to come in; her face was a bit disappointed at my attitude. "You are to come to the 'feasting area' immediately. All of you." And the she left.