Ha. You Thought

Ailani's P.O.V

"I think I'm starting to get home sick." I said quietly. Jack, Katie and I were back in our room, all huddled together on the bed watching Spanish TV.

"Me too. I'm starting to miss my TV back at home," Jack was pushing all the buttons on the remote control, trying to change the subtitles to English. "I have no idea what these people are saying."

"Where are your parents?" Katie asked, chewing on her fingers absentmindedly.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I have no idea."

Jack laughed. "How the fuck can you miss home when you haven't even noticed your parents were gone?"

I chuckled slightly. "I'm imagining someone sent them far away from here, because trust me - if they knew what was going on, we'd be back on the plane by now."

"You know, as much as I miss school and everything, I kind of like it here. Dare I say that I don't really wanna go back." Katie said.

"Neither. Boy the amount of assignments I've missed. I might as well drop out." Jack shook his head and laughed, focusing back on the TV. "I think Adrian should start teaching us Spanish."

I got out of bed and went inside the bathroom. My fingers were tingling with a weird sensation, and my head was pounding.

"You okay in there?" Jack called. "Can't trust you in bathrooms alone now Ailani."

I made a mental note to ask Adrian for some medication and went back to the bed, crawling underneath the covers next to Katie. No one said anything for a while, my eyes were beginning to close from the exhaustion of what was now my life.

Then the sound of the TV became quiet, and my eyes opened back up. Jack had switched it off, and was looking at me with concern in his eyes.

"What?" I groaned slightly.

Jack glanced at Katie and then back at me. "Are we just going to ignore the fact that a). You nearly fucking died today; b). You nearly went off with some crazed maniac, and c). Your fucking eyes were glowing silver down there."

I sat up with a confused look on my face. "They were?"

"Yeah, I was going to tell you when we left the room. But you were in too much of a hurry, I decided to leave it," Katie confessed.

I blinked twice and started to rub my eyes. "How did you get them to do that?" Jack asked curiously.

I stammered. "I. I have no idea. My eyes felt normal. I don't know what happened."

"It's Adrian's blood. It has to be. It's running through your veins as we speak, that's where all this power is coming from." Katie mused.

"Do you feel any different? Anything weird?" Jack asked.

I shook my head and looked down at my hands. "I just feel a bit tingly, that's all. But that might just be pins and needles."

"Or you might have some kind of power in your hands?" Katie said, a small grin forming on her face. "Ailani. Turn the lights off."

I scoffed and shook my head. "Katie, this isn't Stranger Things. I can't control electricity with my mind you idiot. Or move things for that matter."

Note to readers: if you haven't watched Stranger Things... What the hell are you doing reading my book? Get the hell on Netflix and binge watch that shit.

"And at one time we believed there was no such things as werewolves, and we were wrong. Just try it."

"No. Leave me alone. If you want the lights off, go and turn them off yourself."

"No, I'm not walking all that way when you're here. I'm trying to gain weight, not lose it."

"Katie, it's not happening. Leave off."

Katie mumbled and mimicked by voice. Then she lifted my hands towards the wall and slapped me.

"Ow." I said, hitting her shoulder. "What are you doing?"

"Trying to get you to turn the lights off."

I turned to Jack, who was scrolling on his phone. "Jack, can you tell her."

"I think you should try to be honest, see what you can do."

"I'm not fucking Eleven. Who do you think I am."

"Well for starters, you're eighteen. And apparently you're a Luna.

Note to readers: if you haven't watched Stranger Things... What the hell are you doing reading my book? Get the hell on Netflix and binge watch that shit. Oh, sorry. Did I already say that? My bad. Let's continue...

"Jack if you're not gonna defend me then I'm locking myself in the bathroom." I groaned, about to move from the bed.

Jack was silently scrolling through his phone, paying no attention to me whatsoever. So I jumped up and walked towards the bathroom, slamming the door shut as I entered.

The lights flickered and went out.

"Holy shit," I heard Katie cry from outside. "Ailani... you just knocked the fucking lights out."

Slowly, I walked back into the main room.

"Ailani, how did you do that?" Jack breathed.

Before I could answer there was a knock at the door.

"It's Adrian," I said. "I can smell him."

"Nice," Jack muttered.

Adrian stepped in the room with a flashlight, the beam blinding Katie and Jack on the bed.

"Sorry guys, Solomon cut the power off. Here take my torch, the lights will come back on in a minute."

"Oh, so that wasn't you then. Yikes. Nice try Ailani."

Adrian chuckled at Jack's comment. "You thought Ailani did that?" He said.

"Well yeah,"

"Sorry to burst your bubble honey," Adrian swooped me in for a kiss. "You can try and turn them back on yourself?"

I smiled and began to focus, my mind wandered off to the ceiling. I imagined flicking the switch back on, and then all of a sudden the lights turned back on.

"You see, I told you she has pow-,"

"Guys, I got the lights on again," Solomon barged in the room with a proud smile on his face.

"Geez, I think we get the point. Ailani isn't powerful after all."

Sorry about the short chapter, pretty shit I know.