Finally Found You

Ivan's P.O.V

"Alpha, someone set fire to the building where the humans were being kept. All of our guards have been burned to death." One of the soldiers from my pack came running through my office doors, forehead wrinkled with confusion.

"Don't worry about that," I avoided the subject of talking about it, "I want you to focus on your fighting. I need you as strong as ever?"

"But Alpha, some of our best soldiers are d-."

"I set fire to the building, Scott." I said quickly. His face fell downward, to a sinister look of fear. I could tell he wanted to say something, he just didn't have the balls. "Come, close the doors and sit." I motioned for him to take the chair opposite me.

He reluctantly did as he was told, sitting down very cautiously, trying not to look nervous.

"Do you know what makes a good werewolf, Scott?"

A slow shake of the head meant no.

"The ability to follow orders. A werewolf that can complete orders like a chef, is a strong, wise and loyal werewolf. Do you know what doesn't make a good werewolf?"

A slight, hesitant shake of the head still meant no.

"Someone that doesn't follow orders. For example, if I ask you to kill on sight, what do you think that means?"

Scott gulped fearfully. "To kill on sight?"

"EXACTLY!" I beamed. "Not too complicated is it?" I asked chuckling in my office chair. "Why do you think I killed those guards?"

"Because they didn't kill on sight?" Bubbles of nervousness were in his voice.

"No you imbecile, because they didn't follow orders. They were supposed to be keeping watch over our human prisoners and Alpha Adrian, but they managed to escape."

"The prisoners are on the loose?" Scott asked, finally starting to understand.

"Yes. They had one job, those guards. One simple, easy job. And they fucking failed me!" Stress was starting to overtake my senses, so I lit a cigarette and eased back into my chair.

"Don't you fucking fail me, Scott. I don't need anymore failures in my pack."

Scott didn't ask what would happen to him if he were to fail me. Instead he gulped and said, "yes Alpha."

"Good, now go and find them humans. This time, kill on sight please." I waved Scott out of my office and he jumped up to leave, ready to obey instructions.

"Or I'll fucking kill you too," I murmured as the door closed.

*****************

Ailani's P.O.V

"Show me where they took you, Ailani."

We had left the pack house, and we were now walking idly in the forest, looking for signs of Solomon and Catalina. Adrian wanted me to take him to the place they had tortured me, but I was scared of what he might do if Amanda and the girls were still there.

"Why are you hesitating?" Adrian asked me, his jaw tensing. "I have not mated you, or marked you yet. But I still know what you're thinking."

I shuffled nervously on my feet. "What will you do if you find them?"

Adrian looked ahead, his hands clenched into a fist and then he quickly looked back to me. "Nothing you don't want me to do."

I sighed with relief. And then started walking the other way. "The shed they kept me in is this way," I said smiling sheepishly.

A growl erupted from deep within Adrian's throat. "So you've been leading us in the wrong direction!"

"No," I denied. "I've been giving you extra time to think and clear your head."

Adrian wasn't impressed by my lack of apology. He stormed ahead of me, his boots echoing on the gravel pavement.

"Grumpy old wolf," I chuckled, pouting mockingly.

*************

"Where the hell have you been, the both of you?!" Catalina jumped up as soon as Adrian and I entered the door. She was looking at Adrian, but his eyes were staring somewhere else.

Amanda.

"Alpha Adrian, I'm sorry. I had no idea she was your m-."

Amanda's apologies were silenced as Adrian pulled her up from the floor by her neck. Now, her feet dangling and eyes tearing up, Amanda was struggling to take a breath.

"You tortured my mate. Your Luna." Power and anger were resonating through his voice as he hissed at her. "I ought to kill you right now."

I stepped forward, hoping to get Adrian to loosen his grip on her, but Catalina pulled me back.

"But your Luna has spared you." Adrian said, disagreement painted in his tone. Amanda was dropped violently to the floor, making a fool out of herself as she tried to force air into her lungs.

"You do not deserve to live, and you do not deserve to call yourself apart of my pack. But you have been given a second chance. A second opportunity to see where your loyalties are."

Amanda coughed and grabbed her sore throat, listening to Adrian continue.

"You are to obey every instruction my Luna gives you, and if you fail, you will be exiled. Is that clear?" Adrian's voice was a bit lower now,  but the hatred was still there. You couldn't miss it.

"Yes Alpha," she coughed, looking up at me behind tearful eyes. "I'm sorry, Ailani-."

"You are to call her by her title now." Adrian barked.

"I'm sorry Luna," she replied. "This will never happen again."

I nodded my head and turned away from her gaze. When I first got here, I was hoping that Amanda would be one of my good friends. Apparently not.

"The same goes for the rest of you," Adrian turned around the room to look at the other girls that were present during my torture. "Some of you may not be apart of my pack, but if you fail to obey and respect my Luna, you will no longer be an ally. I'm not afraid to kill you either, don't get it twisted."

"Yes Alpha," they reiterated, retreating inside themselves with fear. 

"Catalina, let's go." Adrian turned on his heel and headed for the door again. 

"What are you gonna do with these guys," Catalina gestured to the girls, who were standing there, unsure of what to do. 

The look on Adrian's face was unforgettable. The hatred and hurt in his eyes as he looked at Amanda and Maddie, two of his own pack members, made my heart hurt. 

"I have nothing for them," if I wasn't mistaken, Adrian's eyes started to water. He walked back up to Amanda and spoke again. "You were going to kill my mate. You were going to slowly torture her to death, because someone other than your Alpha commanded you to." 

"Alpha, please. I'm sorry, I didn't even think it was possible for a human to be a Luna. We weren't taught tha-." 

"It doesn't matter what you were taught, you were going to kill my other half. After years and years of me without one." 

Robyn stepped forward; "Alpha Adrian, please. On behalf of my pack, I am truly sorry." 

Before Adrian could reply, Solomon burst through the door. 

"There you are you fucking bastard. Where have you been?" He said, breathing deeply. "Marcus and I need you at the pack house. NOW!"