Risks Sometimes Aren't Meant To be Taken

"No." Adrian's hands froze at the bottom of my stomach, lingering there, waiting for me to change my mind.

He gulped and stepped back, eyes still laced with a dark lust, mouth moist with the wetness of our kiss. Despite our passionate make out, Adrian still looked perfectly immaculate - his dark, lustrous hair messy but sexy nonetheless. His desire for me abated, I could see the want slowly fade out, and before I knew it he was looking at me with concerning eyes, standing away from me in the corner of the elevator.

I could see the hesitation in his face, he wanted to say something, but decided to keep his mouth closed. A part of me whimpered quietly, wanting him to be close to me and not on the other side of the lift. I was quickly regretting the decision of making him stop. The lust I was feeling had not ceased, in fact I wanted him a lot more than I first thou-...

"Fuck it," I heard Adrian growl. When I looked into his eyes again, they were dark and possessive. Aggressive even.

He pushed me back against the wall every so gently, his hands gripped my sides tightly and he gave me a piercing look of authority, desire, lust, love, concern... I was struggling to pin his emotions. He looked like he was feeling everything at the same time.

"Adrian-,"

He placed his hands back underneath my top, his fingers climbing teasingly upward and upward, until they rested just underneath my right breast.

"Adrian, I-."

"I want you. Bad."

His voice was husky and deep, and I could hear a subtle growl at every word he spoke, a tamed growl but a growl nonetheless. The sound of him struggling against taking me there and then, the look in his eyes that showed me he was in obvious pain, made my stomach lurch with a tingling sensation, a sharp burst that reached my throat and made me gasp. It occurred to me that Adrian's wolf didn't want my permission, didn't need it. His wolf wanted what was his, and he wanted it now.

"My wolf, he cannot wait any longer."

"I know," my words came out as barely a whisper.

"Then," Adrian paused and squeezed his eyes shut, fighting the urge to-

Before I even knew what I was doing, I grabbed his hand and placed it on my boob. My naked boob. That's right, I don't wear bras that often. Bras are an enemy.

Adrian clenched his jaw tightly, his hand just resting on my bare flesh. I knew he wanted to move it, to touch me like he was going to before, but for some reason he just stayed there.

It was kind of awkward.

"Adrian I don't mind if yo-."

Ding!

Jack's P.O.V

"Hey, can you pass me the pasta." I gestured to the far end of the table, and Katie grabbed the bowl and handed it to me.

"You haven't even finished what's on your plate, greedy bastard."

"The food that's on my plate needs a little something something, and that something something is the pasta."

"Well if you ask me-,"

"My eyes are bigger than my belly, yeah yeah, I've heard it before. Save it for someone who cares Katie."

I dumped a handful of pasta onto my plate and began eating my third meal of that evening.

Ailani's P.O.V

"Adrian, you didn't need to do this for me. It's beautiful." I was trying hard to fight back tears as I walked onto the terrace of the hotel, eyes gazing at the darkening blue sky and then back towards the roof. A dark, crimson blanket was laid out on the floor; the petals from a black rose were scattered on it, and a cinnamon incense burner was wafting its sweet scent in the hot air around us. Small candles decorated the edges of the rooftop, illuminating everything with a beautiful, yellow glow that lit up my face.