Some Answers

Ailani's P.O.V

I ran down the stairs of the building, only to bump into Katie who was coincidentally running up the stairs. "Have you found him?" I asked. She shook her head 'no' and sighed.

"Where the hell is this guy?" I cried.

We started walking down the hallway towards our hotel room, but stopped outside the elevator on the way.

"There are six floors to this hotel," Katie mused. "And the furthest we have gone is the 3rd floor."

"But Marcus told us that floors 4 - 6 were off boundaries..."

Katie stepped forward and pressed the 'up' button on the wall. It lit up blue and then the number at the top of the lift flashed to show it had gone past number 1.

"Katie, we're in deep shit as it is, and now you wanna go and start snooping around the top floors?" I shook my head in annoyance and disappointment. My skin crawled as I began to picture the amount of trouble I would get myself in if we were caught out...Again.

"Are you in or out?" Katie said, just as the doors to the elevator opened. She stepped in and held the 'waiting' button. "I won't keep my hand on this button forever..."

I bit my lip, tempted by the adventure, but torn from the image of me being in deep shit.

I chose the latter, and stepped in the elevator.

**********

Jack's P.O.V

"I knew there was something off with you guys... Why the hell are you following us?"

We were in a small room at the end of the corridor. I was sat in a small chair, handcuffs strapped to my wrists to stop me from moving. Unwaveringly, the tall dark haired man sat in a chair opposite me, leaning in very slightly.

"There's nothing off with us," he said shaking his head. "And for the record, my family happens to own this hotel and the land around it. The question is... Why are you here?"

I shook my head, what the hell did he think we were doing here? Plotting some kind of scheme? "We're just here on vacation?"

The man scoffed and looked over to the girl who was silently observing us from the corner of the room. "Don't bullshit me buddy, you're saying that out of all the places you could've visited in the whole of Spain, you chose here?" His eyebrows raised when I gave no answer. He had a point. Even I wasn't too sure why Ailani's parents had chosen to go here, a hotel in the middle of nowhere.

"Look," I started. "If you want to know why we've come here, you're asking the wrong person. Ask Ailani's parents..."

"Maybe I will," he said. "But first, I need to ask you a few questions."

**********

Ailani's P.O.V

"All the doors are locked on this floor," Katie said to me, at last giving up on the round, silver doorknob that she was unsuccessfully trying to twist. "It's not looking like we're going to find him here, let's check upstairs. She turned back and started walking towards the lift again.

I stood still for a moment, before walking in the opposite direction, towards the end of the corridor. We still hadn't checked all the doors.

"Ailani are you coming?" Katie hissed from the other end.

"There's still some doors we haven't tried to open," I replied, jingling one doorknob only to find out that like all the others, it was locked.

"They're probably all locked anyways," she stated.

I ignored her and hurriedly went from door to door, fiddling with the handle and then moving along to try another one. I heard her frustrated sigh as she stood at the far end of the hall, silently waiting for me.

Admittedly, I was going to give up. We were running out of time and, as Katie said, it was most likely that none of the doors on the floor were open. This level was apparently out-of-bounds. But on the second to last door, after fiddling for a few moments when I realised that the doorknob twisted a bit more than the rest, it opened. Katie must have been watching me the whole time, because when I stepped into the room she was right behind me.

What we saw made us feel uneasy.

**********

Jack's P.O.V

"You seem like the kind of man who already has all the information he needs, so why ask me questions?" I challenged, glaring at the dark-haired man in front of me.

"You have read me wrong, I don't have all the answers, which is why you're here to give them to me."

"What do you want?" I hissed. Maybe I should just give him what he wants so I can get back to the girls and tell them about this creep.

"You've been friends with Ailani for a long time, this I know already. She must tell you everything, correct?" He asked.

"Yeah, she's my best friend." I answered. That question wasn't so bad.

The man sighed before he spoke again. "Great. What I need to know, is whether you know if Ailani is still a virgin or not?"

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!?!" I spat, writhing in my seat, once again trying to escape the handcuffs he had put me in. "Who the fuck asks a question like that? You're both sick in the head you know that right?" I said, glancing at the woman in the corner of the room as I did so. "Why do you need information like that? You fucking pedophilloic bastard!"

Weirdly, the man didn't look phased by the act I was putting on. In fact, it almost looked like he was expecting that kind of reaction from me. Nevertheless I made it quite clear for a good solid 5 minutes that what he was asking was out of order.

"Jack, we're running out of time. It's a simple yes or no answer. You have my word, I'm not using this information to harm your friend, I need to know this to keep her safe."

I didn't believe a word he was saying.

"Tell you what," I said. "I'll give you the answer," as I said this the mans shoulders sunk in relief. "Only after you tell me what the hell is going on and why exactly you need that sort of information."

He frowned at me. I grinned.

"Answer the fucking question boy!" He snapped. The girl in the corner moved slightly, getting ready to act, but stopped and retreated.

I shook my head no and kept a determined grin on my face. I was going to get information out of them first.

For a slight moment, the boy made eye contact with the girl and then looked back at me, staring at my face. As I looked into his eyes, I noticed that the darkness of of his pupils changed to a grey ever-so-slightly, almost as if his eyes were turning cloudy. But before I could say anything they went back to normal.

"Well...?" I said. Waiting.

Once again the man sighed, and then for some reason shuffled the chair he was sitting in a few millimetres away from mine. I could tell he was about to do something I wasn't going to like.

"Don't freak out okay," he said seriously by quietly.

I was about to utter something that went along the lines of, 'I don't freak out over anything,' but was interrupted by a small growl coming from the guys mouth. It wasn't too loud, but the power of the sound erupted in the small room we were sitting in, and almost seemed to bounce off the walls around us. I could feel my chest tighten as the growl went straight through me.

The air was knocked out of my lungs when I witnessed the eyes that were once black turn a bright blue, almost like a glow around his pupils. I nearly fell back on my chair when the man bared his teeth, which were long, sharp and strangely whiter than my own.

I nearly passed out when I looked into the corner of the room, only to see the girl with the long hair doing the exact same thing.