The Strangers.

Marcus' P.O.V

"Marcus, what on earth do you call THIS?" 

Smoke alarms were going off in the boardroom, but not from the speakers, Adrian wasn't in a good mood. I felt like shrinking deep into the chair, but for my prides sake I sat still, unmoving. What was I supposed to say?

"Marcus!" Adrian exploded. The glass of water in front of me trembled slightly. He walked over to the big screen and pointed at the group of idiots on the floor. "You told me these werewolves were safe! How are they safe when they are in the fucking library? Didn't you tell them that was for pack members only?" 

Well for starters...They definitely weren't werewolves, but I didn't mention that. "Alpha, I specifically told them not to go beyond the border of the left wing, I gave strict instructions Alpha." I was beginning to stammer as I spoke, so it was evident that I was fearing for my life. The  Beta stood up defensively, eyes glaring straight at me. The connection between an Alpha and his Beta was very strong, so if the Alpha got angry, it was very likely that his Beta would too. I was thinking of doing a runner. 

"Samson, sit down!" Adrian's sudden order made my heart stop for a split second; that was until I realised I was safe for a while. Samson sat back down in his seat, but his eyes stayed stuck on me for longer. 

"Honestly Alpha," I stuttered. "I told them that all doors marked with an X on the doorknob were to be left untouched. I didn't think that th-."

"Did you even consider to lock the door to all the rooms?" Adrian questioned.

"But, but you tell us that the rooms are to be left open at all times." When I said this, Adrian sighed loudly. He knew I was right. Every room in the pack house had a lock to it, but Adrian made it clear he never intended to use them. That wasn't my fault. 

"Alpha, I'm sorry, I'll go and deal with it straight awa-." 

"There's no need Marcus," he interrupted me quickly. "This meeting is over. Samson, Christopher, Alejandro, come with me." And with that, Adrian walked out. 

**********

Ailani's P.O.V 

"Jack, you've put the book back in upside down you dimwit," I said huffing, placing the book back on correctly. Everything was back on the shelf - in the right order I wasn't too sure, but it was all clean and tidy. 

"Well forgive me," he said sarcastically. "I'm not exactly a librarian." 

"Do you think Marcus will know?" Katie said, placing the last book on the shelf. 

"Considering there's a camera in every corner of this room, a fucking alarm went off and Marcus told us not to go in any room marked with an X... Yeah, I'm pretty sure he knows we're here." Jack made his way to the door, opened it and started to usher us out. "Let's at least try and look like we've done nothing wrong," he said. "We need to get out of here." 

**********

"Where on earth were you?" My mum said, barging into my room, which Jack had left wide open. 

"We went to the spa mum," I lied. "We all thought we should just go and look around for a while." 

Her face relaxed a little, but there was a still a frown evident on her forehead. "Where's Jack?" she said looking around the room. "He's not in his room." 

Katie and I looked at each other, and then back to my mum.  Her forehead was beginning to wrinkle.

"You don't know where he is do you?" 

"No... Not really?" I admitted. "He's probably just gone to get some fresh air," I said hurriedly. 

"You better hope so," my mum said before turning on her heels and closing the door behind her. 

As soon as the door was shut, Katie and I leapt up from the bed and sprinted for the door in sheer panic. 

"You check downstairs," I said to Katie. 

"And you check upstairs," Katie said to me. 

We disappeared down the hallway like spies. 

**********

Jack's P.O.V

"Hey, do you know the direction of the-," I cut myself off realising that there was no one behind the counter for me to ask. I was in the lobby where we had first come in, trying to check out this so-called spa that they have, but failing to do so. All the signs in the hotel were in Spanish, and I couldn't understand Spanish, puta, gracias, hola and adios were about all I had in my dictionary. 

None of them were on the signs. 

"For fuck sake," I murmured, turning around and walking back to the elevator. I guess I was going to have to just find my way around tomorrow. 

Clicking on the 2nd floor, I leant against the back of the elevator and waited for the doors to close. 

It was the sound of footsteps running towards me that caused me to press the button that opened the doors back up again in order for someone else to come in. 

I wasn't expecting to see the two people that I saw in the airport. A girl and a boy, both dressed in black. I gulped nervously, but shuffled to the left so they could get in as well. 

For my height, I shouldn't have been intimidated by their presence. But there was something eerie about them, and it was even more weird that they were in the same hotel as us... Out of all the hotels in fucking Spain. 

I watched as the tall, olive skinned man pressed on the 6th floor, and settled back against the mirror like me. He was still wearing those tinted glasses so that I couldn't see his eyes, which unsettled me even more. 

My heart was getting calmer as the 1st floor lit up a light shade of blue. It was nearly my turn to get out. 

But for the life of me, in a split second, the girl grabbed a set of keys out of her biker jacket and pushed them into the keyhole at the top of the pad. The elevator jolted to a stop before the 2nd floor lit up blue. 

"I don't think that makes the elevator move any faster," I said stupidly. Obviously they knew that. 

The girl grinned and the man chuckled slightly before taking his glasses off and looking directly at me. 

Now I'm not gay, but this man was a sight to behold. I shrunk back in the corner of the elevator, realising how ugly he made me look. 

"Jack?" He said seriously. 

"Y- yeah." I said quickly, disregarding the fact that he knew my name, despite not even knowing me. 

"You're friends with Ailani right?" He asked. 

"Yeah why?" I said, suddenly becoming defensive. 

"Good. You're coming with me." 

The girl took the keys back out of the elevator. I stood still, watching as the light skipped the 2nd floor and kept going up. We stopped at the 6th floor. 

They had to force me out.