A Match Made In Heaven

Ailani's P.O.V

Amanda was the first to strike, her face contorted with confusion and surprise. She reached for my neck with her claws bared, but I was too quick for her. I grinned once she screamed out in pain, her shoulder dislocated on the right.

"Fucking bitch," she hissed. Amanda stared at her disabled shoulder in horror, slightly brazing the bone with her finger. "Kill her! Kill her now."

Maddie came for me next. The slap across my face hurt - but was too mediocre. Adrian's blood was pulsing through my veins, igniting a strength in me I didn't even think was possible. I wasn't fazed by the talons that grew longer on Maddie's hands. When she lunged for my neck, copying Amanda, I used her hand to tear a gash right across her cheek. Small speckles of blood splattered on my face; if I wasn't experiencing a rush of excitement I would have stepped back in disgust.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Maddie asked in disbelief, her hand pressing against her new wound.

I gave no answer. Instead I kicked her in the gut and threw her against the wall, knocking her unconscious. Amanda had managed to pull herself up from the floor. She had allowed her wolf to take over, eyes dangerously dilated, fangs showing from the sides of her mouth. I didn't bother to attack her. I waited.

Amanda was fighting a battle within herself, trying to take a step forward but being held back by the wolf that now controlled her. When I took a step forward, hands raised ready to strike – her wolf whined and submitted, wimping in defeat.

Her wolf knew who I was. Amanda did not.

"But how is this even possible?" Amanda was back in control now, shame and perplexity written all over her face. "You're human. You're not one of us."

I smiled and held out my hand. She mistook my gesture as an act of forgiveness. Boy was she wrong. Slapping her hand away, I grabbed her throat, raising her only a few inches above the floor. The confidence she once had was gone now.

"Please... I didn't know. Please, Ailani." Her voice began to grow quieter as she struggled to catch her breath. "I'm sorry."

I released her once I heard her say them words, watching as she fell to the floor and began coughing like a bad smoker. My face was level to hers now, knees on the floor, mouth pressed to her ear.

"Remember this moment. Remember that I could have killed you. But I didn't."

Robyn cowered away in fear in the corner of the room, scared to challenge me. I gave her a nod of acceptance, admiring her wisdom.

"I will only spare you because you weren't as bad as the others. But I won't forget what you did."

And with that, I left.

**********

Catalina's P.O.V

"What the hell happened in here?"

I had found where they were keeping Ailani. One of Ivan's pack members was walking around a small shed, as if he was guarding something. He looked too suspicious, so when I asked him if I could go in – and he strictly said no – I shot him in the kneecap and walked inside.

Amanda was curled in a ball in the middle of the floor. Her shoulder was broken a bit, healing, but still badly damaged. A few small drops of blood decorated the concrete ground. The blood, I was guessing, was Maddie's; who had a nasty gash on the side of her face.

Here, two of the strongest she-wolves lay in front of me, losers of a fight.

"She was telling the truth," Amanda muttered to herself. "We thought she was lying, we should have taken her more seriously..."