Assumptions

Adrian's P.O.V

"But señor, you're surely mistaken. This is just one big misunderstanding." Ivan was struggling against the two men that had taken him by the arms, dragging him to the car they came in.

Santiago followed them slowly. "Tell me Ivan, why exactly were you outside here with Adrian's mate? Where were you taking her?"

Ivan looked at me quickly, gulping in fear as he heard the growl that came from my throat. He stuttered, but gave no answer.

Santiago nodded. "We'll be sure to find out the answer in due course. You can tell us back at the Headquarters, maybe try and think of a good reason on the way there."

"I called you here!" Ivan stated.

"And I am calling you back, do you have a problem with that?" Santiago stood with his head tilted slightly.

".....No." Ivan muttered.

"Good. Cause you are in no position to refuse." After Santiago's men had put Ivan in the car, he turned back to us and walked towards me, a serious look on his face.

"Thank you, for your help Santiago." I said, but he ignored my gratitude and began to speak to me solemnly.

"The legend of The Human Luna is true then. Congratulations brother, I can't imagine how hard it must have been for you - all these years without a mate."

I nodded slowly, not quite sure where he was getting at.

"And I can't begin to imagine how much danger you have put yourself in."

I stepped back, unsure of what to say. But he continued.

"The legend of The Human Luna, as unique and special as it is, is one that poses great risk." Santiago glanced at Ailani, and then continued talking in a low whisper. "Some of the packs aren't going to like this," he shook his head anxiously, "they're not going to like this at all."

I looked back at Ailani; who was now talking to Jack and Katie, and shrugged. "I'm grateful for your concern Santiago, but she's my mate, I can't reject her. Surely you understand this?"

He nodded his head in agreement. "I understand, I understand, I'm with you on this. But if the legend playing out again..."

"So you mean to tell me that because the last legend didn't work out so well, the same will happen with me?" My wolf was starting to growl in protest to the danger Santiago was suspecting.

"That's how legends work Alpha, when they are repeated, they most likely have the same ending. The last one ended with a -."

"A war. Yes I know." I sighed. "But it's the bloody 21st century."

Santiago chuckled. "That's human talk. Humans they-," he looked back at Ailani again. I was starting to get annoyed at that. "They change drastically. They call it evolving, but you see, werewolves established their way of life in the beginning, it hasn't changed since."

"Why would people have a problem with me having a mate?"

"Well first, humans haven't always been kind to us. When werewolves think of humans-."

"They think of Hunters." I said.

"Exactly. And so they will think that at any moment, your mate will betray us and let the Hunters know of our whereabouts and the way we live. We stick with our own, for survival."

I was beginning to get tired of Santiago's speech. I knew the consequences. I didn't give one fuck.

"Is that it?" I asked, ready to walk away.

"No. The Alpha's know of the legend. Or at least they should know- and if they don't they will get to know. When they find out that with a human Luna comes great power, they will get jealous. They wil-."

"What do you mean great power?"

Santiago looked as if he no longer wanted to speak.

"Have you not read the legend?" He asked gravely.

"Not all of it. What. Why can't you tell me?"

Santiago's voice was barely a whisper. "The legend says that the Human Luna will receive powers, powers that not even a werewolf can attain. Healing powers, powers to control the weather. To control people-."

"Wait. What did you just say."

Santiago didn't want to repeat himself. "Read the book Adrian. You will find out that soon... your powerless mate will become more powerful than you. That's why we call it danger. The Alpha is to be more powerful than his Luna. That's the way things are. But this changes things for you. Soon you will not be her equal. When her power grows, she will not submit to you as he Alpha."

"Don't tell me what she will or won't do. You know nothing."

Santiago stepped back. "Apparently so. I didn't believe the legend was true. But I was wrong."

Santiago was staring blatantly at Ailani, and my wolf and I didn't like it. "Thank you for everything you have done señor. But we won't be needing you any longer."

Santiago nodded and started to back away. "No worries Adrian. My grave condolences to your pack members, and congratulations for finding what you've been waiting for."

I smiled slightly. "Thank you, Santiago."

Santiago started to walk away, he turned around one last time.

"Alpha Adrian?"

"Yes Santiago."

"Read the book."

And with that, he left.