An Apology

Adrian's P.O.V

"Where you heading?"

"The library."

"What for?"

I paused before turning around. It was just dawning on me how much had gone on since Ailani visited, for some reason I couldn't get what Santiago said off of my mind.

"¿Que?" Santiago was frowning at me.

"Santiago said that Ailani is dangerous?"

Solomon chuckled, and when he saw that I wasn't playing around, he stopped.

"You're kidding me right? Dangerous as in, 'the werewolves aren't gonna like her cause she's human' or dangerous as in 'supernatural powers on a madness' kind of thing?"

"Both."

The scoff that came out of my brothers mouth offended me. "Don't start going psycho on me now, Adrian. The only supernatural powers that Ailani will develop are going to be from you. There's nothing to worry about." Solomon placed a comforting, (or what was meant to be a comforting hand) on my shoulder and smiled.

I hesitated to smile back. "Santiago said differently," I began.

"What? So you're going to the library to clear your head or something?" Solomon was frowning, almost as if he could sense the madness coming from my forehead and he was trying to scare it away.

"No. I'm going to read that Book." I turned and started walking towards the library.

"I'm coming with you." He said following me.

Ailani's P.O.V

"Who is it?" I called out. Someone had been knocking on our door for probably about 5 minutes, the sound of our bickering covered it up.

"Catalina."

I opened up the door, and my face fell slightly as I saw that it wasn't just Catalina standing outside.

"They have something to say to you." Catalina said, gesturing them to walk inside.

Amanda, Maddie, and Robyn entered the room, their faces downcast. Amanda looked past me and made a small back to Katie and Jack, but they gave no response. 

I sat down on the bed, making sure Catalina could see the rage in my face and how wrong she was for doing this. I wanted nothing to do with them. 

Sighing, Amanda stepped forward. "Unlike you, we are werewolves-." 

"Amanda," Catalina growled. 

Amanda silenced her with her hand and nodded. "We were taught at a young age that humans were our enemies, that probably all were affiliated with the Hunters. Contact with humans is the same as treason, at least, that's what we were told..." 

"Where are you going with this, Amanda?" Jack said. 

"I'm trying to apologise." 

"Sounds more like your trying to justify what you did to Ailani than apologise. Get to the fucking point." 

Amanda growled lowly. 

Maddie pushed her out of the way and stepped forward in her place. "What she means is, were really fucking sorry, we messed up bad, and treated you like you were our enemies, when really all you've been are good friends. Ailani, we tortured you, and treated you like shit, and we're really sorry." 

"What does Amanda have to say?" Jack piped in. 

Maddie turned to look at Amanda, who was staring at the floor. I could see her cheeks moving as she clenched her teeth. 

"Amanda, you're not sorry are you?" I spoke up. 

She looked at me, there were no tears in her eyes, but she looked sad. "I don't hate you," she said. 

"I beg to differ," Jack scoffed." 

Amanda clenched her teeth again, glaring at Jack as if she wanted to rip his head off. I slapped Jack's thigh and told him to be quiet. 

"I don't hate you. I feel betrayed." 

"Betrayed? Really? You... You feel betrayed?" Jack was not shutting up any time soon. 

"You lied to us, Ailani. You lied to us when we were meant to be your friends. If you would have just told us the truth. Werewolves by nature don't lie. Yes, we are vicious creatures, we are violent, we don't welcome outsiders, but we are truthful." 

"If I would have told you I was human, what would you have done?" I asked. 

She sighed, "I don't know. But I wouldn't have treated you the way I did. Hunters are known to disguise themselves as one of us, especially during the season where our powers aren't all there. You happened to come just at the right time, during the month when, you know... When we lose our powers. That's something the Hunters would do, that's why I, we, reacted that way." 

"You force fed me blood. Do you know how evil and wretched that is?"

Amanda sighed, "And I'm extremely sorry. Werewolf blood is supposed to weaken the human immune system, since the blood is not normal, it doesn't really react well when humans drink it." 

"So you've done this before?" I asked.

"To Hunters, yes." 

I grimaced and shook my head. 

"But you must understand that the Hunters come only to kill and destroy our kind. They don't like us alive. We have to protect ourselves by any means." 

"I still can't believe you did what you did." I confessed honestly. 

"Hey, when you think about it, I kind of did you a favour?"  Amanda said, slightly smiling. 

I looked at her sincerely, trying to find if there was a hint of evil left in her. I couldn't find anything, just a face that was sorry and wanted to make amends. Her smile faded when she realised I wasn't going to give one back.

"I'm sorry," she said quietly. "We're all sorry." Amanda looked at Catalina, as if to say 'can we go now.' Catalina looked at me and nodded slightly, and led the girls out of our room. They left quickly, without looking back, their heads still downcast. 

When the door shut, I looked at Katie and Jack and sighed. Then looked at the closed door, and said- "Apology accepted." 

Hey guys, it's Isabelle. I just wanted to let you know that I am hoping you are all well, during this chaotic time. Stay safe and self-isolate yourself, don't go out if you have any of the symptoms. Read a book, (this book) lol, watch a movie, a series (Stranger Things) lol, look after your parents, siblings, pets. Have a nice bath/shower. Listen to some music, some podcasts. Read the Bible, your Holy Book, or just this book (lol). Just remind yourself that everything will be okay. 

Most importantly, be kind. 

Love you. X