Any Other Day and Feelings? (Part One)

A/N: This isn't one that takes place in ep 9. This is instead a four part story about what happens when something happens that changes between Kaoru and Joe. This was written before ep 9, and 8. At the time I didn't know the info I do know. Just a warning.

It had been like every other day for Kaoru Sakurayashiki and Kojiro (Joe) Nanjo. Kaoru did his day job as a professional calligrapher and Joe spent his day serving the customers at his Italian restaurant. But when he wasn't working Joe spent his break flirting with any women who came across his path. As the work day came to an end and the night began to settle. Both Joe and Kaoru prepared for their nightly activity something almost nobody knew about. After gathering everything he needed, he put in contacts in and changed into his usual attire Kaoru headed out the door. Riding on his bike to Crazy Rock with Carla ready in case he needed anything. He had just arrived at the location to a number of girls screaming in his direction addressing him the name of Lord Cherry. I see they are still the same Kaoru thought and not even a minute later Joe rode in on his board. "Yo K", he was about to say when Kaoru tripped him. Causing Joe to land flat on his head.

"What the actual heck four eyes?"

"Says you miserable gorilla", Kaoru counted as both of their fangirls stood behind them fighting. This continued for several minutes. As the night continued on everything seemed the same. Kaoru and Joe fought while watching the skating matches of that screen. Joe flirted with a number of women. Finally after both of them had their fill of the races. Kaoru had just been about to leave getting on his bike since Carla needed to charge. "Hey gorilla do you want a ride", he called out to Joe. Only to see him flirting with a random women. His face way to close for comfort. Kaoru was used to seeing this but that didn't make it easier. His heart hurt. Why do I feel like this I have seen flirt with a number of women over the years. Yet lately I feel as if something is wrong Kaoru thought to himself trying to figure out the answer. Kaoru stole one last glance before getting on his bike and riding off into the night. The night breeze always felt good on Kaoru. It was the one time of his day where he didn't have to be professional he could instead just relax and feel the breeze. Sometimes riding at night was the best part of his day. Kaoru had just gotten home and changed back into his usual kimono, showered, took his contracts out, and put his wrist watch on when he felt his felt his phone ring. "Carla who is it?"

"It is Miserable gorilla", Carla answered. I wonder what he wants Kaoru asked himself. Kaoru unlocked his phone screen.

Miserable Gorilla

Miserable Gorilla: I just got some new wine and I thought we could crack it up. What do you say four eyes?

It wasn't like Kaoru had anything else. But after watching Joe flirting with women and him doubting his own feelings toward his childhood best friend. Kaoru wasn't sure if it was the best idea to go drinking. But then again what could one bottle of wine do? Besides even through Joe was a hopeless playboy Kaoru did have to hand it to him that he was a pretty good chief. Not only that but his stomach was starting to rumble. "What do you think I should do Carla", he asked.

"I am sorry master but I do not have an answer to your question", Carla responded. Leaving Kaoru unsure what to do. If he went that would mean Joe won't be flirting that night but if he didn't go that would give him more time to figure out his feelings. After giving several more minutes into his choice. Kaoru knew their was only one choice. He let out a sigh and had Carla call him a car. He couldn't ride not in what he was wearing. What Kaoru didn't know at the time was how that one night would forever change his life as he knew it.