Heartbreak and Looking Back

WARNING: THIS WORK WILL HAVE ANGST IN IT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. 

A/N: The song above is also another song that inspired me to write this fanfic. Btw please excuse my writing using the American school system. This is due to me being lazy and not having a clue about Japan's school. None the less I hope you enjoy this fanfic. Feel free to comment because I love hearing what you guys think whether that be good or bad anything helps. 

Love was hard something Joe had learned in his second year when ADAM came along. Until then it had been just him and Kaoru for the most part. Joe's cherry hair colored best friend and the love of Joe's life. Something he had discovered when Joe had nearing his fifteenth birthday. The day Joe realized hadn't been much different then any other day. At least it hadn't been. Classes had just ended for the day. And Joe had been searching everywhere for Kaoru. Trying to make us way through the crowded hall way. Only to get nearly ran over by a crowd of people coming from classes. Joe didn't know long he had been searching until he had finally found Kaoru. Walking into the classroom Joe saw Kaoru had his usual look on. His arms crossed against his chest but smiling non the less. At that moment Joe found himself thinking There you are I have been looking for you. But instead of saying it like an idiot. He just smiled and acted like nothing had happened. "Seriously are you ever on time?"

"Well excuse me for being a little late. I mean have you ever seen how crowded the hallways are?"

"Yes yet I still somehow manage to meet you on time"

"Shut up four eyes"

At that word Kaoru rolled his eyes. "Seriously you gorilla you know I don't wear glasses right?"

"Not yet but with all that reading you are doing. You will likely become one"

"As if. And it's not my fault all you read is comics and manga", Kaoru countered.

As the two continued to bicker as usual. Joe acting as he hadn't just realized that he was already in to deep. Now as they were in their second year. Joe had realized that he was without a doubt in love with Kaoru. Even if Kaoru could be a pain in a butt at times. Joe knew he likely didn't have a chance with him. He had come to accept it. He had put down the thought down more times then he could count. Yet every day he found himself falling deeper and deeper in love with Kaoru. From how smart Kaoru was to even his attitude. He loved everything about Kaoru. And at the time Joe thought he might have a chance with Kaoru one day. At least that was until ADAM came. Everything seemed to change after that. Every time Joe would look at Kaoru after that. He saw that Kaoru would be looking at ADAM the way he loved at Kaoru. It didn't take long Joe long to see that he didn't have a chance with Kaoru. And it hurt like a truck. Every day seemed to get worse and worse. Having to watch Kaoru look at ADAM with that look that Joe would kill to have on him. Not only that but have to hear Kaoru gush about ADAM. Especially the day after ADAM had caught him. On those days Joe often found himself thinking of a certain song by this american artist called Taylor Swift. That was Teardrops On My Guitar the entire song detailing a girl pining for someone close to her. Just like Joe. And having to hear that person talk about the person they cared about constantly. To Joe it was him but as girl. Okay maybe that was an exaggeration. The point is the song really resonated with Joe. So he would often think about the song especially on lonely nights. Thinking about how happy Kaoru was probably with ADAM. At some point he had started to make excuses just to avoid hanging out with the two of them. He even started flirting with girls trying to ease the pain and perhaps to get over Kaoru. Because Joe hated what he had become. How he was always thinking about Kaoru. That not even in his sleep could he escape his cherry blossom hair colored friend. This was something Joe thought would haunt him until the end of time. The thought that Kaoru would never return his feelings. Especially after ADAM left and Kaoru seemed to make it his life's mission to get ADAM back. But what Joe didn't know at the time was how wrong he had been.

*A Number Of Years Later*

Now Joe was sitting beside Kaoru on their bed. A point that Joe never thought he would ever get. As he watched Kaoru watch old videos of each other. Especially of younger Kaoru. Commenting on his younger self. But even Kaoru was smiling as he watched his younger self. Even after all of these year Kaoru still smiled the same and seeing this made Joe smile a warm smile and look at Kaoru with a loving look. Causing Kaoru to ask him something. "What with that smile you dopey gorilla?"

"Oh just you?"

"Serious you are so sappy"

"And yet you love me for it"

"Shut up you idiot gorilla"

"Sure whatever you say mi terso (my treasure)", Joe said as he kissed Kaoru's crown. Kaoru went red in the face like he did whenever Joe said anything in a different language especially if it was a term of endearment. Something Joe had learned in their now year long relationship. As the night continued as usual with the two bickering as always. Yet Joe wouldn't have it any other way. Glad that he hadn't given up on loving Kaoru all those years ago. Because if he had then he wouldn't be where he was now. Dating Kaoru ADAM out of the picture and Joe wouldn't have it any other way. Because this right here was worth it all just being by Kaoru side. Even if he had to wait a number of years. It was still worth it all in the end. 

*END*

A/N: The song above is a song I had been wanting to use for some kind of MatchaBlossom fanfic but haven't found a way to apply it. But perhaps one day I will. Because this song describes MatchaBlossom in a way to a T. Sadly I haven't found a way to apply it. So for now it will just be a thought. On another note as always I will say I have no clue when my next update will be. Because with me you never know. Anyway besides that I hope you have a good day or night. Until next time.

Signed,

Author-chan