Waiting For You

Kojiro woke up to the sight of bright light with no memories of where he was or why he was there. After Kojiro stretched his arms and dusted himself off. He started to walk with nowhere in mind. The moment that Kojiro dared to step his foot a path seemed to appear before him. Kojiro then proceeded to walk on said path. As he continued to walk he soon found himself surrounded by a beautiful scenario. The sky was as clear as it could be. Kojiro would continue to roam alone for a while. Sometimes he would find food along his way but other than that Kojiro didn't seem to know much of where he was at. Kojiro had no clue for how long he had been wondering or who he was even looking for. This continued until one moment everything changed...

Kojiro had been wondering around as per usual when out of the blue he saw someone with long pink hair, golden eyes sitting on a bench surrounded by cherry blossoms. Kojiro couldn't tell you why but for some unusual reason he felt himself drawn to this mysterious person. As Kojiro got closer and closer to the man he felt his heart start to beat. Kojiro tried to think of something to say to this beautiful person but what had come out may not have been as well as Kojiro would have liked. "Hey you come here often", he had asked the mysterious pink-haired person. Before taking a seat on the bench.

"Wouldn't you like to know," the pink-haired person asked.

"Yes that's why I asked"

"Well you obviously could use some work with your flirting skills"

"Oh, who says I was flirting with you?"

"Well either you were or you are just some dopey gorilla"

"Serious gorilla?"

"Yes from what I have seen you seem like nothing more than a dopey gorilla"

"Well maybe if you got to know me then I could prove you wrong"

"Oh is that a challenge?"

"Perhaps," the pink man responded with a small smile gracing his face.

"Well challenge accepted Cherry"

"Pinkie?"

"Well, you call me gorilla, and considering you haven't told me your name I thought to call you Cherry. Since you are surrounded by cherry blossoms. That is unless you might tell me your name"

"You will learn my name when I decide you can"

"Then Cherry it is," Kojiro dubbed the pink-haired person. "Now Cherry was is a beautiful person such as yourself doing here all alone?"

"Is this how you flirt with someone," Cherry asked?

"Well from what I can see you don't seem to respond to it"

"How can I when you are being a cheesy gorilla?"

"Well I am trying to get to know you Cherry, yet you haven't seem to say anything"

"Well if you are going to be so persistent I might as well answer you. For your information I happen to be waiting for someone"

"Who might this someone be?"

"This someone happens to be my husband?"

"Is he?"

"Yes"

"Well anyone who leaves someone like you alone must be dense"

"Yes he was dense at times but I still loved him"

"Did you," Kojiro asked as his heart sunk a little lower knowing that this person already had someone else. Yet Kojiro didn't seem to have anyone. Over the time Kojiro would continue to learn more about Cherry and through the two bickered they still had a sort of friendship. Not only that but Kojiro would find more about Cherry's husband. Kojiro would also learn that Cherry was a man. Every time Cherry seemed to mention his husband he got a little brighter and honestly, it made Kojiro heart flip seeing that. But every time it did that Kojiro was forced to remain himself that Cherry was taken. But as time went on Kojiro could help but wonder where Cherry's husband was. If Kojiro had been a bit more observant he would see the sad eyes Cherry would look at Kojiro. At lass, Kojiro didn't see those sad eyes. As time went by Cherry's husband never seemed to show up. This brought even more sadness to Kojiro seeing as how in love with his husband Cherry seemed. Yet the husband seemed to be a no-show. Or so Kojiro had thought until something had changed.

The day that things changed Cherry seemed to be a little bit off but for reasons, Kojiro couldn't seem to figure out why. It had all started when out of the blue Cherry had said something. " So you really don't remember who I am," Cherry asked?

"Huh," Kojiro asked with a confused on his face. This seemed to displease Cherry as he had a sad look on his face and in his eyes. A face that killed Kojiro in seeing.

"t's nothing important I suppose it has been time enough. It maybe time I start searching for HIM," Cherry said but that seemed to hit the last of Kojiro's patients. As just as Cherry was about to stand up he was lightly tugged down by Kojiro.

"Why do you keep searching for him. He obviously doesn't care for you if he did then he would have found you by now"

"Yes but I still love him even if he hasn't remembered me yet"

"I get that but why can't it be me? Why can't I be the one you want to be with. Even if it's not now maybe it could be one day," Kojiro said trying to do anything he could to get Cherry to stay. At this Cherry seemed to perk up.

"You really are an idiot gorilla aren't you Kojiro", he asked.

"Seriously I thought we were passed name-calling," Kojiro had started to say before something seemed to come back to him. Memories of something that seemed so familiar to him. This had caused Kojiro to be quiet for who knows how long. As everything had come back to him. The feeling that he had been missing had been the man right beside him because Cherry had been his husband Kaoru. They had been together before they passed. The moment that Kojiro realized that he pulled Kaoru into a hug. "Kaoru I," Kojiro said but Kaoru like the person he was interrupted what Kojiro was about to say. Yet Kaoru had a warm smile on his face.

"No need to apologize to me, darling. After all, you have kept me waiting for quite a while you dopey gorilla," Kaoru said. Kojiro then let out a light eye roll. But even with that, he proceeded to tackle hug Kaoru and this had caused both of them to collapse on the ground of this world both of them had huge smiles on their face. Though they still seemed to be unsure of the world they were in all they knew was that they had each other and that was what mattered at the end of the day.

A/N: So this world they are in is a non-real religion afterlife of sorts. Now I think as a real test of soulmates even in the afterlife one might have lost their memories while the other has the memories. That way no matter what it shows both will still love each other even if one may not have memories of the other. But I really don't know if this is any good. This is my first time writing this strange sort of thing so yeah. Anyway other then that see you all at the next update.