Expectations and Mr. Perfect

Warning: Underaged Drinking

A/N:  Welcome everyone to another one shot in my MatchaBlossom fanfic. Can you believe that this chapter marks the 40th chapter in this? Well neither can I. Anyway I welcome you all. From you late night readers who are up either due to just reading fanfic, just up because they can't get sleep, or up for any other reasons. I also welcome you readers who slept and are here the morning after the chapter was released. Welcome to all.  Anyway I  have kinda of had the idea forming in my mind for Kaoru for a bit. And the video I used actually gave me something to use. So for this I used ideas from it and some from my own. So it was a combined effort in a way. Anyway I hope you enjoy this one shot. 

Kaoru Sakurayashiki was what you would call an over achiever. He aced every test he needed to take. He never blacked out at parties unlike some of his friends. He listened to American music. He had straight hair that was pink like the cherry blossoms would fall every spring. Not to mention he was easy on the eyes. And to top it all of he was the head of the student council. But that didn't mean Kaoru was that suck up student. But Kaoru always made sure to be on time for meetings. Some of this could be attributed to the fact he was the son of over achievers himself. They had been high school sweethearts and both the top of their grade in their time. Plus they were a bit popular. Which meant as their child would of course be expected to be one himself. So for most of his life Kaoru met all of their expectations that was until something changed.......

It had been his second year of high school. Up until then everything had been going according to plan. That was until he started to really notice his long time best friend Kojiro. It hadn't been anything special really when it happened. He had just yelled at Kojiro not to run down the halls. Something he often found himself doing. And as always Kojiro said whatever four eyes. Looking at him in a way that sent Kaoru's heart a flutter. Everything after that seemed to be different. Whenever he had free time he would find himself thinking about Kojiro. Even in his dreams Kojiro seemed to be their. And it really irritated Kaoru to no end. Because he knew that he would never be able to have Kojiro. After all he was straight wasn't he? That didn't mean that Kaoru didn't do nothing. Instead he got piercings in his ear and lip. The moment he got them he showed them off to Kojiro. "So you really can not look like a nerd", is all he said. Causing Kaoru to start bickering him as they always seemed to do. As the two continued the same thing they had for many years. At least until that night that everything changed.

The two had been skating something they often did when they weren't at school. As they kept trying to perfect tricks. Kojiro had snuck some beer out of his parents place. Which had been easy due his parents not really caring for him and always working. They had just sat down when everything happened. Kojiro had taken a sip of beer before saying anything. "I don't know if I have said this but those piercing makes you look more like a bad ass then a nerd you know", he said before taking another sips. This resulted in Kaoru slowly biting his lip. A blush clearly on his face. As the two continue to talk. Until they landed on a certain topic. "Come to think of it have you ever kissed anyone?"

"No and why does it matter to you gorilla", Kaoru asked trying to remain calm and cool. As it was expected of him. But inside he had nearly chocked. As Kojiro moved his hair with a certain look on his face. To which Kaoru face turned to Kojiro. And before he knew it he pulled Kojiro into a kiss. But the moment Kaoru kissed Kojiro. He could see the image of his parents in his mind along with others. Telling him this was a bad idea that this wasn't normal. A dark look came over Kaoru. As he went to leave. Kojiro tried to grab his hand put Kaoru swatted it away. As he skated back home to be greeted by his parents in the living room. With not so happy looks on their face. His father putting down his paper. "I am guessing you were out with that Nanjo kid yet again. And I am guessing those piercing of your were his idea. Because either way they have got to go. Those and hanging out with people like that will only make it go down. Isn't that right dear?"

"Yes you are right. After all you can't risk falling off. If you do someone will over top you. Then what will you be? And do you honestly think that Nanjo kid will help you", his mom asked. As they both continued to lecture Kaoru. Causing the pressure and his anxiety to get worse. With him even running out of the house. Finding a place at the usual park bench he went when he felt this way. He hadn't been sitting their long when he saw Kojiro. Tears in Kaoru's eyes.

"Hey four eyes", Kojiro greeted.

"Why must you always call me four eyes? You know I know I don't wear glasses right", Kaoru asked drying up his tears. And trying to pull up his poker face.

"Yes but with all that studying you do. You are bound to become one"

"As if"

Kojiro let out a smile chuckle. " So mind if I set here", he asked about the spare spot.

"You are going to do what you want anyways. So why should I stop you?"

Kojiro took a seat next to Kaoru. Who at this point was shaking. He knew that Kojiro was going to talk about what happened. Kaoru fearing for the worst. "You know we never talked about what happened"

"I know you don't feel the same but can you at least let me down easy", Kaoru blurted out. Causing Kojiro to give a warm smile and a soft look. Before tucking a lock of Kaoru's hair back.

"Now who said I was going to reject you Kaoru?"

"I"

"Nobody did. You do know that I am hopeless in love with you. I mean at this point the whole reason I pick fights with you. Is because I like seeing your face light up and hearing your voice"

"Yeah but what does that matter after all to my parents you are just"

"Just what", Kojiro asked as he inched closer to Kaoru.

"Nothing"

Kojiro let out a sigh. "You know you don't have to always listen to them. I mean you are already perfect just the way you are", he said before pulled Kaoru closer to him.

"You are the only one who thinks you know Kojiro"

"Yeah but hey one is better then none right?"

"I suppose so", Kaoru said. As Kojiro the crown of Kaoru's head. To which in response to that Kaoru pulled Kojiro down by his tie. "Are I seriously going to have to do everything in their relationship of ours?"

Kojiro let out a smile. "Perhaps", Kojiro said with a hinted smile.

Causing Kaoru to smile. "I swear I don't know why I put up with you sometimes you dopey gorilla", he said before pulling Kojiro into a kiss. As their lips meet. Both happier then they had ever been. Kaoru glad that Kojiro returned his feelings and that at least he was something more then Mr. Perfect to someone. Which to him was what mattered.

END

A/N: Just to make clear Kaoru's parents aren't homophobic but instead are really into being popular. They care about grades and all of that. Plus they were never really much for Kojiro period. Thinking he was about of control. But when Kaoru got piercings and they noticed. They think it is all due to Kojiro. Which in a way it is. But either way it just gave them a way to say stay away from that kid. So yeah. Not so great parents. Anyway I hope you all will enjoy this and the next update. I am just trying to decide between an Attack on Titan somewhat crossover or a Kaoru p.o.v story. That is less romantic and more Kaoru focused. Or perhaps something else that is more romantic. Either way all of them will be published eventually. So I am just trying to figure out the order. Then I had an idea since I am on the fence. I thought you the readers could decide my next chapter. So what do you all want Attack on Titan focus, Kaoru focused, or the usual romance? Feel free to comment here or down below. If I get no answer I might just pick at random. One last thing before we are done. If you all are lucky it might be a double update kind of week. Depending on whether I can get another chapter in. Either way another chapter will either be released this or next week. Other then that I hope you all do well. And until then.