You Belong With Me

A/N: There was somebody that said that You Belong with Me is a MatchaBlossom song. So here it is.

Kaoru was sitting in his room reading a book. Or at least he had been trying to. Yet he kept finding his eyes being drawn to his next door neighbor. Who was the one of the few constant things in Kaoru's life and the love of Kaoru's life. As Kaoru watched as Joe was talking on the phone with his girlfriend. Or at least that was what Kaoru had assumed. Considering she always seemed to be hanging around Joe. Pulling him into kisses and hugs. But the thought that Joe had a girlfriend left a pain in Kaoru's chest. It was a constant reminder for Kaoru that no matter how much he wanted Joe. Joe would never feel the same. After all Joe was straight and Kaoru wasn't. Yet as Kaoru continued to watch Joe. His expressions getting more and more frustrated and annoyed. Before going to disappointment. Before he finally hung up with a sad look on his face. Kaoru hated seeing Joe like this. So like the good friend he was Kaoru went over to Joe's house as he did every time he could clearly see he was frustrated. Even if he wouldn't say if. After all ever since high school had started Joe had adapted this cooler personality. That Joe would often be seen flirting with girls during his free time. At least that he been until he somehow managed to get a girlfriend. Yet from Kaoru's point of view this supposed new girlfriend of his only seemed to be causing him misery. But Kaoru wouldn't say that after all it wasn't his place. And even if it hurt Kaoru that Joe hadn't choose him. Kaoru put on his usual look before sneaking into Joe's window. Causing Joe to look as if he had seen a ghost. "You have got to stop doing that Kaoru. I mean you nearly scared the shit out of me"

"Well maybe if you used your brain for once you dopey gorilla. You would have figured out I was going to come over here"

"And why would you do that?"

"Oh come on Joe you are obviously upset. Because unlike you I am not a idiot"

"Seriously I swear sometimes I wonder why I am friends with you"

"Same for me"

"Seriously can't you say anything nice for once in your life. Or have you finally given in and become a robot"

"Shut up I was worried about you but it seems I didn't need to be", Kaoru said with an eye roll about to leave. When Joe grabbed his arm. "Let go of me"

"Please can you just stay", Joe asked giving Kaoru the puppy dog look. Which was something that Kaoru wasn't normally weak too. But from Joe it was an entirely different story. It only took a few minutes for Kaoru to give in.

"Fine"

"Great", Joe said with a bright smile. It was that smile that made Kaoru's knees weak. The smile that melted Kaoru's heart. The smile that didn't belong to him anymore. But to a random girl. But Kaoru couldn't let that affect him. He was already too far in at this point. So Kaoru calmed his heart beat down once more. Before he began to talk again.

"You know you can talk to me right?"

"Wait is the famous cold heart robot manic Kaoru actually caring about me? Or am I dreaming?"

"Shut up you dopey gorilla. You know I can care about others right"

"So you say"

"But seriously are you okay. The conversion you seemed to be having seemed intense"

"So you saw that?"

"Yeah"

"To be honest I am just tired of drama"

"Yet you still choose to date her"

"Wow and here I thought you change. Seems that you are still the same old Kaoru"