Late Nights

Kojiro was a very busy man from being a founder at the underground group known as "S", running Sia La Luce, taking himself, and Kaoru at times. Now while he loved doing all of it especially taking care of Kaoru. A dream he had as long as he could remember. Sometimes he got swamped particularly at Sia La Luce. During those nights he would have to work shifts that felt much longer then he thought they would be. Shifts resulting in a late closing. These shifts meant texting Kaoru that he would be home late. Which meant no cooking dinner for Kaoru. It meant no relaxing with Kaoru before they headed to bed. Kaoru laying either against him or by his side as they both either watched something or did there own tasks. This meant Kojiro would get no greeting when he got back. Only finding himself by darkness and no noise. Something that Kojiro hadn't been used to since they had moved in together. Yet tonight seemed like one of those nights.

Kojiro had something that required him to an extra late shirt at Sia La Luce. To make it even worse Kojiro had found out that he would be down a staff member, something he was notified until one hour before the diner rush. This resulting in Kojiro and his staff being in a sort of rush of sorts. Having to make up without the staff members, orders seemed to be flying in and out of the kitchen. To make matters more crazy no even an hour or so after the diner rush Kojiro had to prepare for an event at Sia La Luce that a someone was hosting. Now normally Kojiro might see if they could push it back after the tiring day he had. But this someone was paying big bucks to rent the place out. So after a tiring diner shift, Kojiro had to get ready for the event which lasted longer then he thought it would. This resulting in Kojiro only being able to close at around eleven thirty. After Kojiro had sent his workers home. He started the process of cleaning up, this took about thirty minutes to an hour depending on the day. This resulting in Kojiro not getting home until about one in the morning. Kojiro forcing himself through the door. He was greeted by the sight of Kaoru laying on their couch. His long pink hair sprayed against the couch cushion. Seeing Kaoru so relaxed something that was rarely seen from him. This caused Kojiro to feel even more love for Kaoru then he already did. Seeing so relaxed just brought so much happiness to Kojiro. Happiness that Kojiro never thought he would ever feel. For so many years he had thought that his love had been unrequited yet here Kaoru was on their shared couch sleeping so peacefully. Kojiro was so tempted to plump down next to him. But he knew if he did he would likely wake up Kaoru. Through he loved Kaoru more then anything Kaoru could be in a bit of a mood when he wakes up. So if possible Kojiro liked to avoid that. So that meant instead of sleeping next to the love of his life. He would likely have to head up the stairs and sleep in their bed alone. Because frankly Kojiro wasn't feeling lifting anything else tonight. Kojiro let out a sigh. Through he might have to sleep in bed alone that didn't mean that he could leave Kaoru something. After all knowing Kaoru he would likely get cold eventually and Kojiro would feel better if Kaoru had a blanket rather then Kaoru getting up in the middle of the night. When Kaoru really should really be sleeping. So being the amazing partner that Kojiro was he was, he grabbed the blanket and slowly put it on Kaoru. What he didn't expect was to see Kaoru's slowly wake up. His golden eyes soon wide open. "Hi love what's got you up," Kojiro asked in a warm, soft, and full of love voice.

"Well a certain gorilla has been making quite a bit of noise so it's been a little bit hard to sleep," Kaoru said with words that had no bite to them by them.

"I'm sorry about that love"

"You should be", Kaoru responded without needing to think. It didn't take him a moment to notice the exhaustion laced in Kojiro voice and Kojiro whole aura. "I am guessing a long shift," he said. Kojiro nodded and it wasn't even a minute later until he collapsed on the couch right next to Kaoru. Blanket in hand as Kaoru spread the blanket out to fit the both of them. "Tell me about it"

"No it's fine really. You should be sleeping you know"

"Well I was until a certain gorilla was pounding around so late at night"

"Really did I wake you up," Kojiro asked a bit of concern laced in his voice.

"Seriously this is the moment you choose to be less confident"

"Well if a certain four eyes would for one say what he meant instead having it laced in sarcasm and being a tsundere then I might be sure"

"Well no need to worry my gorilla I was already up," Kaoru said as patted Kojiro in a way a adult would do for a kid. Usually that would result them in getting a fight. But currently Kojiro was way too tired to even fight. Kojiro then proceeding to explain Kaoru what had happened. Soon they found themselves on the couch in the big spoon and little spoon position the blanket on the both of them. Both of them nearing sleep. As the two were whispering sweet words to each other. Trying to get the other asleep. Their eyes growing heavier and heavier with each moment. Until finally they soon found both of themselves sleeping in each others. Something that happened more often then not. Even with all the late nights they would still find themselves in each others arms. This would continue on even to their married last and even onto the rest of their lives. Even with all the late nights that fall upon them they would still have this. After all they weren't alone anymore even if their were some late nights they would always have each other.

A/N: So I have so sad news you all. I will likely not be doing double updates in one week for a while. I mean at least until it is closer to Christmas. That way it would make more sense for me to publish the Christmas related theme chapter or chapters. Then me just publishing it before in like mid-November. But I can promise I will be publishing once a week until then. So I hope you all can look forward to that. On another note I thought that Taylor Swift Lover's song would fit the type of vibe I was going with the song so I thought why not. Plus I have been seeing a few late night type one shots in A03 so I thought why not try my hand at it. Now I will say I did use a bit of a line from another fanfic in the "Well if a certain four eyes would for one say what he meant instead having it laced in sarcasm and being a tsundere then I might be sure". I promise I have no intention in stealing credit from them and as soon as I can find their fanfic I will link it here. Now other then that I have nothing else to say besides see you all next update.