Something Unexpected

A/N: I found that in my shorts on Youtube and I was like I must write that. So I did. I hope you enjoy it. 

There were times when Joe thought that Kaoru would do something. But Kaoru would do the opposite or something that Joe never expected. Today had been one of those days. The two of them had just spent the day going sightseeing and had decided to grab some food. During which they spent the time talking as they usually did. Until the food came out. As Kaoru started to eat his eyes lighting up at the food. Something that told Joe the food must be good. Kaoru's eyes rarely light up around food that was unless it was his. So Joe got ready to eat his to find it taste amazing. As the two continued to eat in silence. Joe had nearly finished his portion when suddenly Kaoru snatched his food from him. "Hey give that back four eyes", Joe protested. As Kaoru took the food and put it into his own. As Joe tried to make a grab for Kaoru's portion. When Kaoru set Joe's bowl back. Joe had been about to say food snatching four eyes. When suddenly Kaoru's set the object that held the most portion in front of Joe. Causing Joe to be shocked. He hadn't expected Kaoru to do that. It was something that was unlike Kaoru.

"What brought this on. You hardly ever give me your portion"

"Does it really matter you dopey gorilla?"

"No it's just", Joe tried to say before Kaoru interrupted once again.

"Then it should be fine now eat", Kaoru commanded. As he started to eat the lesser potion. As Joe shook his head and continued to eat. The two settling into silence once more. After paying the bill Joe again tried to ask. "So what brought you to give me your portion?"

Again Kaoru tried to avoid the question. "Does it really matter to you?"

"Yes because I don't want you going hungry for my sake"

"Fine but if I tell you promise you won't laugh"

"I promise"

"Well you looked like you were enjoying it and I just felt like it okay. So are you happy", Kaoru said trying to look away from Joe.

"Yes I am", Joe said with a loving warm look before kissing Kaoru on the cheek.

"Idiot sappy gorilla you know sometimes I really hate you"

"Only sometimes"

"Yes"

"Oh and the other times"

"Don't make me say it Kojiro"

"Oh and why shouldn't I?"

"Because you already know I feel"

"Yes but you know it would be nice to hear it every once in a while"

"In your dreams you dopey gorilla", Kaoru said a blush still on his face. "I hate how much I love you", he mumbled.

"What was that?"

"Nothing now can you drop it?"

"Yes whatever you say mia tersoro princess", Joe replied. Before pulling Kaoru close to him as the two continued to walk together. During which Joe gave Kaoru a loving look. Even after all this time he could never seem to know what Kaoru was thinking. But what happened that day made Joe fall even more in love with Kaoru that is if it was even more possible then he was already. Happy at the way the day had turned out.

Words Used

Mia tesoro: My Treasure

A/N: Sorry about the shorter update then usual but what I got from the video was short. Yet was still inspiring so I wrote a one shot with it. Oh I have very good news for my subscribers who read the updates.  I wrote this and another work in the same day. So instead of you waiting for the next update. I can tell you I will likely update again either  later today, tomorrow, or the day after. Or even on Friday. But it will be sometime this week so you can look forward to that.