A Reason To Stay

WARNING: ANGST YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

A/N: Two songs that inspired me to write this. In this Joe might be a little bit out of character but I promise their is a reason. Just please stick with me.

Kaoru was up something that was unusual for him. Considering it was usually him sleeping soundly while Joe stayed up. Yet here he was sitting on the edge of their bed awake. On nights like this Joe and Kaoru would normally be spooning yet for the past couple of weeks that hadn't been happening. Not only that but Kaoru could swear he could hear Joe mumble something under his breath whenever he was sleeping. Which worried Kaoru more then he would admit. So here he was sitting awake on the edge of the bed. Hungry for Joe's warm touch. Joe seemed to move as Kaoru worried that he had woken up. Only to see that Joe was still sleeping. Kaoru let out a sigh of relief. As he pulled out his phone. Scrolling through trying to distract himself from the lack of warmth. But no matter what he tried Kaoru couldn't seem to distract himself. Finally Kaoru choose to get up out of bed and do something. Usually Kaoru would save any coding he would do for Carla for another day. Yet at this rate he wasn't going to get much sleep. So why not get some coding done before he did. Kaoru slowly was getting up out of bed when he found himself being pulled back down. "Where do you think you are going mi-terso", Joe asked?

"What does it matter to you?"

"Someone is in a bad mood I see", Joe teased.

"So what if I am what does it matter to you", Kaoru found himself saying. "Considering you seem to be interested in someone else"

"Kaoru I don't understand where all of this is coming from. I thought we were fine"

"Are you that much of an idiot?! I mean seriously does this look fine", Kaoru said gesturing around him. "I mean I can't remember the last time we spooned. And that fact that you haven't tried anything in the last few weeks. Must mean something. So why don't we end this before it gets worse?"

"Are you seriously saying we should end it?"

"Yes Kojiro"

"Well I refuse"

"Come on Kojiro you are obviously not interested in me anymore so why continue this when neither of us are happy?!"

"Do you seriously think I am not happy with the way we are?!?!", Joe asked nearly shouting. Slowly Kaoru nodded his head.

"You know for someone so smart you really are an idiot? Did you ever think that maybe I could have been tired from work lately?! That I had a number of things to focus on besides you. Or maybe that I have been trying to plan something for us to do?!"

"I"

"No because sometimes you can self destruct and only think about yourself Kaoru. While I love you so much sometimes I wish you would trust me more"

"It's not that I don't trust you it's just"

"Just what Kaoru?"

"I", Kaoru said now unsure what to say anymore. Joe seemed frustrated and tired and got up.

"If you have nothing else to say I am going to sleep else where. While you think about whatever. Because I can't take this anymore", Joe said. Kaoru tried to reach out to Joe but found himself unable to as Joe gathered his things before walked out of the door. Leaving Kaoru alone now on the floor tears at the edge of his eyes.