Anniversary

A/N: I promise this isn't clickbait instead it is an actual chapter and one I will count as the celebration chapter of my one year anniversary of writing this work. So with that in mind I hope you enjoy this chapter.

1 week, 1 month, 6 months, and 1 year are all major milestones in terms of couples. The 1 year is the biggest milestone out of all of them. The 1 year means that for the past year the couple has managed to survive every fight and everything that has come in their way of being a couple. It means that their love is strong enough and is usually a sign of whether they should remain together or not. This too was the case for Kaoru and Kojiro who for the last year had finally become a couple. Yet there was a problem because Kaoru had been trying to think of something to do. Thus is where our story starts.

Kojiro was always doing things for Kaoru. From being romantic to giving Kaoru food for free even though he likes to pretend that Kaoru is stealing food from him against his will. The point was that Kojiro was romantic and sweet. Something that seemed to come naturally to him. This was something that wasn't natural to Kaoru. Hence Kaoru's current problem. Kaoru had been spending a decent amount of time trying to figure out anything to show Kojiro how much love he held for him. He had done a deep search of ideas on Carla. Yet nothing seemed to compare to what Kojiro did. Something that Kaoru could make special for just the two of them. This was something that continued until the day of the anniversary when Kaoru had zero plans of what to do. Despite researching the heck out of it Kaoru still remained with nothing. Finally had needed a break to get himself together. Yet the moment Kaoru opened the door to his apartment he found a note that read Come to the rooftop. Kaoru did this and the moment he got to the rooftop he was greeted by Kojiro dressed with flowers in his hand. A picnic basket along with a blanket already laid out with food. "Happy anniversary mi-terso," he greeted before walking over and handing Kaoru the flowers. As he guided over to the blanket. Instead of saying romantic Kaoru had said something that Kojiro hadn't expected.

"Seriously must you ruin everything?"

Hearing this had left Kojiro a bit confused. "What are you talking about? Has working with robot parts caused them to come to finally invade your brain?"

"Says the dopey gorilla. But never mind about that how are you are always doing this for me? I mean I have been trying to do something for our anniversary. Something romantic to show you. Yet here you are being romantic is like the sappy and dopey gorilla that you are. Heaven forbid that for once I wanted to do something nice for you. Yet you ruined those plans as per usual," Kaoru spouted not making as much sense as he would have liked to.

Once Kojiro heard this he had grabbed Kaoru's arms and pulled him into a hug. "You know you don't have to do anything for me. Just being able to know that you care for me and are my boyfriend is enough for me. Right now I feel like the luckiest person alive knowing that I can show you that I love you every day," he said as they hugged over the basket. Kaoru's head is in Kojiro's chest.

This ended up being better than Kaoru had thought because that would mean that Kojiro wouldn't be able to see the blush that currently was on his face. "You really are a sappy gorilla aren't you?"

" I may be a sappy gorilla, but you were the one who choose to date me"

"A choice I regret every day"

"Sure whatever you like to tell yourself precious," Kojiro countered without thinking. From here things seemed to ease down between them as they the contents of the basket and knowing that tonight was their anniversary of coming together. A celebration of finally getting themselves and allowing themselves to finally love the other openly without fear. Something neither thought would happen yet here they were together as they always would and always should have been. This brings the end of our story and the end of their anniversary night. As this anniversary would only be the start of many throughout the years. Something that was always meant to be.

A/N: So I drafted this idea the moment I realized that it has been a year since I started this one-shot fanfic. So after I waited a day I wrote this fanfic and I had the High School Musical song Wondering on repeat the entire time. I mean I know it doesn't relate really to the one-shot but it is something I think may fit the tone of this. Or that could be just me. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this one-shot and will continue to enjoy my writing as I continue to write for this. So yeah other then that see you all next update. 

March 9, 2022

I have announcement so as Senku says "Get Excited". Because as of today I have rewrite of the chapter that started this fanfic off. Let me just tell you it is long and will be well worth it!!!! So get excited because my next update will be a rewrite of Arranged To Be!!!!