The Difference Between Past and Present

Cold Kaoru

Cold Kaoru

On the Ride Home Together

A/N: I can now say I wrote a flashback/present thing for Joe and Kaoru. I got inspiration from Photograph from Ed Sheeran and the links I used. That is all I have to say. 

Joe was leaning against the rail by the Ocean View Drive. Watching as the sunset was setting behind him. Memories from the place playing in the back of Joe's mind. Joe hadn't been back to that place since the tournament had ended nearly nearly two years ago. Too many memories were held in that place. Made even more impact with the fact that ADAM wasn't the same as he once was. Nor was he or Kaoru. But now Joe could stand here and not feel what he had once feel. The feeling of having screwed something up or having a missed chance. Joe could feel the memories sweep him up. So vivid that they felt as if they happened yesterday and not nearly ten years ago. He could swear that he could faintly see the silhouette of Kaoru hair. That he could see the old Kaoru for a moment. The Kaoru who wore had piercing in his ears and on his lip. The Kaoru who didn't insist in wearing a yukata nearly everywhere. The Kaoru who didn't insist that everything needed to be precise and calculated. The Kaoru before ADAM had come around. The Kaoru who had only belonged Joe at the time. The Kaoru who could be seen with a big smile more often then not. Joe could remember a certain memory of him and Kaoru before ADAM had come around.

*Years Ago*

It was nearing the start of their second year of high school. Before they even knew about ADAM much less what "S" would be. Back then it had just been Kaoru and Joe. Best friends since diapers even if they bickering more often then not. Back then they could always be seen together. Sometimes Kaoru would even pop into Joe's classroom seeking warmth. Kaoru had always been worse at handling the cold then Joe had. Especially in the classroom. So during the breaks when he was seeking warmth Kaoru would pop into Joe classroom. Undoing his school jacket and hug Joe until the bell ring to which Joe accepted. But that wasn't the only moments there was the time that Kaoru had fallen asleep on the ride home. Joe thought that his heart would stop when that happened. Somehow he had managed to survive it through. The point was the two were as close as ever. Often sneaking out together to go skating and that night had been just like that. The two of them sneaking out of their respected houses as soon as they knew their parents were asleep. As they skated to the Ocean View Drive which had been abandoned for sometime now. And was now their secret place. Joe had brought his phone as usual. Recording everything that happened. Even after Kaoru kept failing a trick he had been trying to perfect. But still had a huge smile on his face. Joe didn't know how long they had been there but after what seemed like forever. Kaoru had finally nailed the trick. And the same that he displayed was something Joe had to capture on camera. Which is what Joe did. Sneaking the picture before Kaoru could notice him taking it. Joe treasuring the picture and even setting it as his background. Changing it whenever he suspected that Kaoru would check his phone.

*Present*

That photo of Kaoru was one of the most treasured Joe held. Something that was true even now. As Joe had long had a version printed. Even having a photo of it tucked in his wallet. A picture that he never let anyone see. Especially Kaoru. Joe pulling it out now a bright smile on his face. As he looked out at the ocean behind him with the picture in his hand. Thinking about Kaoru. He hadn't been sitting there long when Kaoru came with his Carla motorcycle. Joe still having the look on his face. "Hey what is with that look you dopey gorilla?"

Joe shook his look of. Before tucking the picture back into his wallet. "Nothing much mi-terso. At least besides the fact you make me fall more in love with you every time I see you"

Kaoru face went red. "Shut up you sappy gorilla"

Joe couldn't resist the opportunity to tease his lover through. "Awww you know you love me mi-terso four eyes"

Kaoru face went even more red when he said that. "I swear I don't even know why I am married to you. In fact I want a divorce", he stated with no spite in his voice.

"Sure whatever you say mi-terso", Joe said with a loving look on his face. Kaoru face going red once more. As the two spent the rest of the night together. As they always did. Causing Joe to think that through things might have change since nearly ten years ago. Deep down Kaoru and him were always the same in their relationship. And that to Joe was what mattered at the end of the day and would continue to matter to Joe. Now and until the end of time.

END

A/N: Before I say the usual you know what. I want to just say is the married MatchaBlossom is best MatchaBlossom period no question. Other then that you know what I will say. Not sure when the next update will be. Because my inspiration comes at random times.