Choices

A/N: The animatic has nothing to do with the story I just felt it fit the tone of the story so yeah. I hope you all enjoy this one-shot. 

Kaoru Sakurayashiki was someone that Kojiro Nanjo had known ever since they were young children. He was his best friend and the love of Kojiro's life. The latter one being a well-kept secret that Kojiro had no plans on telling Kaoru. So instead Kojiro would ever so often let himself indulge a little to much into flirting with others as a way to not be reminded of the pink-haired mence that filled his thoughts. Now Kaoru was the head of the Sakurayashiki clan which would often leave him busier then he had been. Kojiro too was busy he was working at his own place Sia La Luce. What Kojiro hadn't know was just how deep the duties of the head of Sakurayashiki clan went. That was until the day that everything changed....

It had started during the night Kojiro had just finished up his work and had been going to Kaoru's house. To see if he could convince his friend to spend some time with him rather then the duties of being the head of a clan. Kojiro had even brought food for the two of them. Yet when Kojiro reached Kaoru's home he found the door was open. Something that rarely happened Kaoru was usually one who had everything locked usually with the Carla seal on it. So Kojiro took this as a chance and went in search for Kaoru. He tried calling Kaoru and had no such luck he continued on his trip searching. Until he swore he could see the pink hair behind a door. Kojiro opened the door only to find a body and it's blood spreading. Kojiro almost dropped the food that he had in his hand. As he saw the person he loved Kaoru Sakurayashiki whose kimono and jacket to it along with a bit of his face was covered with blood. Kaoru meanwhile seemed to have no regret and looked like he didn't have any problem with this. As Kaoru held a sword by his side with blood on it as well. This left Kojiro stunned as he was now having some trouble finding something to say. "What is going on Kaoru?"

Kaoru didn't seem to be affected by this even when he spoke. "You weren't supposed to see that"

"Well I have so tell me what's going on"

"Did you honestly think that I have never shed blood? That considering that history of the Sakurayashiki that my duties as the head only involved paperwork"

"I....," Kojiro said seeming to once again unable to find the words.

"You do know of the Sakurayashiki past do you not? I believe you must have heard about it"

"Yes but what does that have to do with you?"

"Everything Kojiro I am sorry you had to see this. But now that you have seen this I am afraid I can't let you go," Kaoru said as he took a step closer to Kojiro avoiding the body on the floor.

"Kaoru wait," Kojiro said as he saw Kaoru had a sword. This wasn't how it was suppose to end him being killed by the very person he loved.

"I am afraid I can't so instead I am going to give you two choices I will turn around and you have one minute to vanish if you are gone from my sight in a minute this never happened. And you will never speak a word of this to anyone. Or you can stay here, but just so you know you will likely never be able to go back to your normal life ever again"

" Will you be here if I choose the second choice?"

"That is a foolish question but it is expected of you. Yes I will be here"

"Then I choose to stay here"

"Kojiro you know I just killed a man whose blood is still on my hands and sword"

"Yes I can see that"

"So why do you want to stay? You do know you can never go back to normal if you choose to stay"

"I know"

"So why?"

"Because I love you I would rather have you in my life then not. Even if I can't go back to normal. I am sure you have a reason for this," Kojiro said trying not to mention the dead person.

"What a foolishly minded gorilla you are" Kaoru said with a sigh and a bit of a smile.

"Only for you Kaoru," Kojiro said even through Kaoru had never said his own feeling. Kojiro could tell what they were even if Kaoru hadn't said anything.

"Well then I suppose I shall have someone fetch somethings for you"

"I suppose you shall," Kojiro said.

After this the two would eat what Kojiro had brought and it wouldn't be long before Kojiro would be proclaimed as the partner of the head of the Sakurayashiki clan. This would mean that no matter what happened he would be protected by the clan. Not only that but now he couldn't be killed because of what he might see. As he was the partner of the current head of the clan and they knew better then to mess with Kaoru. Thus with this began to stay of Kojiro Nanjo at the estate of the Sakurayashiki. A place he would continue to stay for the rest of his days. But he wasn't alone for he had Kaoru by his side and that was the only thing he had ever wanted. As they were together as they always should be and always be no matter what happened it was them together after all they were never alone.

A/N: I got this idea from the image I created this storyline of mine that involved Kaoru with a sword in his hand and blood and even with this Kojiro still loved him. Now let me just state that Kaoru is not a person who will kill just because he can. The reason the person is on the floor is because he attempted to kill Kaoru it was out of care for his life that Kaoru struck for you see that was what he was taught. Now the choice of if this is modern or not that is the choice of you the reader. It could be either I never stated one way or another. I think it maybe a mix but that is just me imagine whatever time you want it to be. So yeah other then that see you doing the next update.