Memories and Regrets

A/N: I thought 7 years fit this perfectly. In fact I got inspired to write this because of this. This isn't romantic but feelings are implied in this. The sequel to this is the Realized Feelings and Confessions one shot.

Kaoru was at their old meet up place the Ocean View Drive In with the now setting sun in background.The place long abandoned. He hadn't been back to this place in several amount of years. Mostly because alot has changed since he had last been back there. He had changed. Kaoru felt himself get swiped up in the memories for a moment. He could still remember those nights like they were yesterday. It was him, Joe, and ADAM against the world. Before then it had been him and Joe against the world. The night spent practicing jumping over boards. Back then Joe hadn't been built like a gorilla. Back then Kaoru hadn't been the stickler he was now. Instead he had piercing in his ears and on his lip. He was in what you would call a rebellious phrase. It had been one of those nights when they had stuck out and were jumping over skate boards in a abandoned district. When they meet ADAM it had been a challenge. Joe had been about to go first when Kaoru pushed him lightly out of the way and went instead jumping over the boards without much trouble. ADAM who at the time wore a hood jumped over them and at that moment Kaoru eyes sparkled. He had never seen someone jump like that. Over the number of days ADAM kept impressing and enchanting everyone including Kaoru with his vast areas of skills. Kaoru could remember one night when he skated the rile over a bride while everyone held sparklers. He could remember another night when they had all been running from the cops. He had tripped and ADAM caught him with no problem. It was that night when ADAM revealed what was under his hood. Joe and Kaoru were both shocked. "ADAM, you hood"

"Oh, it doesn't matter if you see me. You guys are special", he said with a smile. Kaoru found himself get even more pulled in to him. There were some nights were ADAM childhood friend tagged along. But usually it was just the three of them. There this one particular night when Joe had snuck a six back out of the fridge. He had planned to replace it later. he had opened and shared it with Kaoru. They cheered when ADAM came and Joe offered him one. They all toasted and instead of skating that night they spent it drinking and just talking. Kaoru could think back to so many night but the two he could remember the most was the night where a certain accident happened and the night where ADAM told Joe and him the news. They had heard rumors about a certain change in ADAM skating but that night was when they saw it was no joke. It was the night that any feelings Kaoru had for ADAM died.

Years Ago

The two of them had been called out. It proved something to Joe that he had a feeling abut. Yet Kaoru didn't want to admit. Both riding on their motorcyles to see what was going on. To see a fellow skater had fallen off the cliff nearly dying in the process and ADAM not giving a shit about it. "So the rumors were true. ADAM this isn't like you. Why are you doing something like this", Kaoru asked wanting to know why he was doing it.

"So what should I care? And I had my hopes up this time around. Isn't there someone out there somewhere? An EVE just for me", ADAM said taking his hood off.

"What are talking about ADAM", Kaoru asked?

"Nothing that concerns you after all you aren't the one I was looking for. Neither or your were", ADAM said before leaving. That night still sometimes will haunt Kaoru in his dreams. Then there was the evening not long after when they found out the news.

"Are you even listening? Answer me damnt it ADAM! Why have you changed", Kaoru demanded.

ADAM was standing against one of areas with with a white car that belonged his family parked in the distance. His arms crossed against his chest. "Human are subject to change are they not?"

"If so, change once more. Don't skate like that every again"

"No way. Besides it's not like I have alot of time left. I will be leaving for America tomorrow", he announced shocking both Kaoru and Joe. They hadn't heard anything about this before. "I have to move on from playing with you guys now. Though it was fun while it lasted", ADAM said not even looking at them. Before leaving and vanishing from their lives.

Present

Kaoru was snapped out of his memories by the sound of Joe's motorcycle engine. "I thought you'd be here. Somethings never change. So are you going to enter that tournment of us?"

"That is a foolish question obviously", Kaoru said a frown on his face. Joe walked over to the area. "Hey come and look. The mark from when I practiced my Crail Snatcher is still here", Joe exclaimed. Kaoru could remember the number of times Joe worked to perfect it. When he finally did they fist bumped one another. Joe got lower to the ground. "So many memories are here. The mark from when you first nailed a Laser Flip is still here too. Before you had Carla and was all numbers"

"Shut up miserable gorilla"

"Never AI four eyes nerd", Joe countered. As the two continued to bicker as they always did. But reminded him of something he had always know. But really didn't put into much that. That no matter how many times they bickered Joe always seemed to be there for him. Yet ADAM would ditch him when push came to shove in search for his EVE. After that Kaoru let the conversion flow the same way it always had between them. But there was something he was had been wondering.

"Hey Kojiro?"

"Yes Kaoru?"

"Do you ever wonder what might had happened. If we had stopped him or if had noticed it sooner"

"Kaoru I don't think anything would had changed. He was already too far gone. We can't change that Kaoru. What we can is move forward with our lifes. And kick his ass", Joe exclaimed. He had long given up saving their old friend.

"Maybe you are right about that", Kaoru said before going into silence.

"Kojiro"

"Yes Kaoru you calling me by the name actually name and not gorilla. It must be pretty important what is it Kaoru?"

"I just wanted to say thanks for everything that's all"

"It's no problem idiot gorilla that's what friends are for"

"Friends right", Kaoru said but for some reason that word felt wrong. Kaoru thought not sure why it felt off. He had been feeling like something was off with this. Especially why he hadn't a partner in a while. He could remember comparing them to Joe but why. That's when it hit Kaoru was he in love with Joe? No it couldn't be but when Kaoru thought back on it. Everything started to make sense. The reason he was jealous toward every women Joe flirted with. Along with so many other unanswered questions that Kaoru had been wondering. As much as Kaoru was now temped to tell Joe. He couldn't let himself get distracted from the goal. He had one goal to give ADAM payback for everything.

A/N: This took alot to write period. I mean writing this was tough. It took alot of energy out of me to write this. But neither less I hope you enjoyed reading this.