String of Red (Trilogy)

A/N: Here is the actual ending of String of Red.

[Previously on Red String]

"No please don't leave me Kaoru. Please wake up Kaoru", he cried. Hiromi shook his head no. Putting a hand on Joe's shoulder.

"I'm sorry Joe but I am afraid it's over", Hiromi said with a sad look on his face.

Joe refused to believe it. Instead he put felt Kaoru pulse to see it was still there.

The moment Joe felt Kaoru pulse was one of the most nerve wrecking in his life. Luckily for Joe Kaoru's pulse was still there if only faintly. Never in his life had Joe felt so relieved. At that moment Hiromi parked the car at the front of the hospital. "This isn't over", he said as he out Kaoru on his shoulder and ran inside calling for someone anyone. After what seemed like an entirety someone came and after that everything was a blur. All Joe could remember was sitting outside waiting to hear the results. After what felt like another eternity someone walked over to him. It was a man that looked in his late twenties, with jet black hair pulled up in a messy bun, some bangs sticking out, wearing a lab coat. Holding a clip board.

"Are you Kojiro Nanjo?"

"Yes"

"Well I see you are Mr. Sakurayashiki emergency contact. If you don't mind may I ask what your relationship with Mr. Sakurayashiki is?"

"I'm his boyfriend", Joe found himself saying.

"Well you are a very lucky man because Mr. Sakurayashiki is alive by the skin of his teeth. That hit he took was quite a bad one. May I ask how that happened?"

"He was hit with a board"

"By who may I ask?"

"I am afraid I can't tell you who"

"Well whoever did it did quite an amount of damage to Mr. Sakurayashiki. If you had gotten him to the here a moment later he might not had made it. But as I said before you are very lucky man because he made it. Now we have done what we can but it will take several weeks for all the wounds to heal. So I suggest no intimate activity for the next month or so if you get what I mean. Not only that but no physical activity period for the next few weeks", the man said as he continued to explain everything else Joe needed to know. "Now that is over with usually we don't allow visitors at this time. But since nobody else is listed and you are Mr. Sakurayashiki emergency contact you are the exception. Now follow me", the man said and Joe didn't need to be told twice as he followed the man to the room Kaoru was in. "Now I have more rounds to make but if you need anything call for me. I am Haruki Nichols", the man said before leaving Joe alone with the sleeping Kaoru. Joe walked over to his bedside. Rubbing the palm of his hand. Until Joe felt his eyes grow heavy and the next thing he saw was darkness.

Joe woke up to see Kaoru up. "Hey", he greeted.

"Hey to you too"

"So about yesterday", Joe started to say before Kaoru used his one good arm that wasn't in a cast to pull Joe into a hug.

"You idiot gorilla I swear why didn't you tell me before?"

"It was never the right time and I thought you", Joe started before Kaoru pulled Joe by his neck and put his lips on his. Before parting.

"You idiot did you honestly think I was in love with ADAM?"

"Well I", Joe started as Kaoru put his finger to Joe's lips.

"Shush you weren't supposed to answer that. Yes maybe at one time I was attracted to ADAM but I moved on"

"Then why did you keep challenge him to beefs?"

"I thought the old ADAM was still there. But that was crushed the moment he hit me with that damn board"

"Honestly why would I still be in love with ADAM when I have you? I mean no matter what happens you always seem to be there for me. No matter how many times I screw up and fall you are always right by my side. Smiling your big smile. Do you know how many times I wanted to tell you that? Yet every time I tried to I either found you flirting or making out with some random women? Do you know how much that hurt me and this damn string didn't make things any better", Kaoru said before realizing what he just said.

"Wait you can see them too?"

"You weren't supposed to hear that", Kaoru replyed his face as red as a tomato.

"Man we really are idiots aren't we? All this time we have been running circles around each other. When we could have instead been together. Waking up to each other every day, coming home to each other every night, calling each other when we feel like shit, and", Joe was about to say before Kaoru put his free hand to his mouth.

"Is that really all you think about?"

"No just maybe fifty percent of my thoughts"

"You pervert gorilla"

"Yes yes but you love me anyways"

"Damn it I do why oh why"

"Shut up"

"Make me", Kaoru dared.

"Gladly", Joe said with a smile before bringing Kaoru in for another kiss shutting Kaoru up. At that moment Joe could swear he heard something ringing. The next thing he knew he greeted by the early morning sun. Joe searched around to see the other side of the bed was empty. Frantically Joe got up and searched the room. Picking up his clothes he had seen had been thrown to the floor. Getting dressed as he went. Man it has been a while since I have thought of that he thought as he walked toward the door to the balcony. Joe opened it to find Kaoru sitting on the balcony wearing a black shirt with a yellowish jacket. "What took you so long gorilla?"

"I was just remembering something that's all"

"Oh and what might that be?"

"Just how much I love you"

Kaoru face went red to the tips of his ears. He had nothing to say. Joe smiled a warm smile before pulling Kaoru in for a kiss. Happy that he had the love of his life by his side and that was what mattered to Joe at the end of the day. The two spending the rest of the day together just as they had for almost everyday of their lives, their relationship and as the rest of lives. Both attached by the red strings of fate and Joe wouldn't want it any other way.