28. Overhaul

I glanced over at Eri, currently playing with a stuffed animal on Kurono's lap. Kurono had his arms around her as his back was against the wall, he looked... peaceful.

"Everyone, I have an announcement!" Mimic yelled, "And don't think what I'm saying is foolish because even Nemoto agrees with me!" he glanced back at Nemoto who was steering and Nemoto gave him a nod, "It's above Kurono! He said he couldn't find a job! But that's not true! There is -"

Kurono shot an arrow at him causing him to go in slow motion. Kurono then walked up to him and wrapped his mouth with a bandana before sitting back down and putting Eri on his lap.

"What Mimic was trying to say, was that-" Nemoto said before getting an arrow like Mimic.

"Tengai, could you take this bandana and shit his mouth? Then push him and you steer." Kurono held out a bandana and Tengai did as he was asked.

"What're you hiding?" I asked him.

"Nothing really, it's stupid."

"Really? They seemed to know about a job you could do?"

"I'm. Not. Doing. It. Plus someone needs to watch over drug production."

"Alright, but did you have to use your quirk on them and shut them up?"

"Yes."

"Alright. Anyway tomorrow we'll reach land, so that's good."

"Yeah."

"Could you please do my hair?" Eri asked, Kurono looked at her with a smile.

"Of course what do you want?"

She smiled, putting her stuffed animal on the floor and picking up her doll.

"This one!"

"Alright! Now you'll look like a princess! " He began working on her hair to get it into a half up and half down sort of style with the up part braided.

"Yeah!" She smiled and went back to playing with her toys.

I stared at them, they looked happy. If I continue what I was doing, would I be taking that away from them? I never wanted a child, but I guess it's not the worst thing in the world. Maybe I can find a way to make my dream work without hurting them. I think that going to be what I have to do.

"Stripper! He could be a stripper! It's allowed!" Mimic yelled, finally back to his regular speed. Everyone erupted in laughter, joking around about Kurono being a stripper. And Kurono, once again, hit Mimic with his quirk this time he made sure to make Mimics cut deeper, so it would hurt more.