39.Rappa

What. The. Hell.

This is so boring! I'm sitting here and then shrimps would ask where a book was. WHY WOULD I KNOW WHERE THE BOOK IS! HOW DOES THIS COMPUTER WORK! I'M THIS CLOSE TO HAVING A BRAKEDOWN! It was after school, but I still had to be here!

"Hey, Mr. Rappa!" I looked at the shrimp that had spoken.

"Hmm."

"My name is Karlie! I usually helped the old librarian. Do you need help?"

Pride or safety. Pride or safety. Pride or safety.

"Sure."

Safety won today

She smiled brightly then went to explain how the library system worked. While we were putting the books away she talked about her friends.

"So I have this one friend. Her name was Hope Is. And her quirk is called gone. So when we tell our names and quirk, here's is Hope Is gone."

"Why."I felt like exploding, but didn't want to scare the angel shrimp.

"I don't know. But she got adopted by someone else right after her first class. She was adopted by Artemis0420. Her name is now Elpis Alexandria Carrasco."

"Alright. Can you just adopt someone like that?"

"Uh, I'm not exactly sure. But I heard that it depends. It's what the orphanage mom said. Or something about an "almighty author" don't know. She's probably a part of at least 10 cults."

"Definitely."

She left a little later. Time for the underground battles. I smirked, this should be fun.

"ALRIGHT EVRYONE!" I yelled through the microphone in the arena. I'll see the battles. If I wanted I could fight in the last battle, and I sure want to, but for now, I'm the announcer. "WE'VE GOT 10 CONTESTS! NUMBER ONE! WE'VE GOT FORSE!" the crowd went wild. This guy seemed like one with a defence quirk. "VS THE TIRED MAN! WTF'S WITH THAT NAME?"

The moment the bell blew, Forse had a forse field around him. (Didn't seem as strong as Tengai's tho. I could easily beat him.) The Tired Man, started making some powder. The people nearby seemed to get tired, but it had no effect on Forse due to the shield. Frose moved forward and the shield moved with him. Eventually making TTM fall out. Cheers came from the audience, it wasn't enough.

"FORSE WINS. HOPEFULLY THE NEXT COMPATIONS ARE BETTER. 3 MORE BATTLES BEFORE THE NEXT ROUND!"

The battles continued. Some better than others.

"NOW FOR OUR FINAL BATTLE OF THE ROUND, FERAL VS TREE. REALLY TREE?"

Feral jumped on Tree before she got to make a move. The other rounds went by, mostly Forse and Feral just dominating evryone. I wanted Feral to win. With her, it'll be so much funner.

"FINAL ROUND! FORSE VS FERAL!"

They both looked tired. Forse made his shield, Feral, who was a giant beast, kept attacking him until it broke. She really was a beast.

"NOW FERAL! WANT TO GO AGAINST ME TO DOUBLE YOUR MONEY. OR JUST TAKE IT?!"

Unfortunately, she just shook her head and grabbed the bag of money with her paw and put it in her mouth, then left.

After everyone left, I went to find Feral. With no luck, I went to the library to grab my stuff. To my surprise, I saw Karlie she was putting something under one of the tiles.

"Hey, Karlie. What ya doing?"

As I got closer I could see her stuffing money underneath it.

"Mr. Rappa!"

"Feral?"

"Look. It's not what it looks like. I just want to save money to you know, live outside of the orphanage. I don't like it there. Everyone is mean."

"Lool Karlie, I'll help you. But you have to quit. You're 13. I'll see if my housemates will let me adopt you. I'll also have to go over it with my boyfriend. But I'll try."

Here eyes glowed, "Really?!"

"I'll try. Don't get your hopes up."

She nodded, tears in her eyes and hugged me. "Thank you."

I nodded, I really hoped they let me keep her. I just met her but already see her as a daughter. Dang I'm soft.