31.Overhaul

I looked back at Kurono just staring out the window. I wonder what's wrong. Kurono is someone who can hide his feelings very easily and no one would know better. That's why I always took a certain pride in knowing that I could tell when something was wrong, and I could usually tell why he was feeling like that. But right now, I can tell he's hurting, and I don't know why.

"Hari." I said bringing his attention to me. "Want to watch a movie to pass the time?"

"Sure. What movie do you have in mind?"

"Hmm, I'll look at the movies and pick one."

"Alright."

Kurono turned off Eri's tv as she was now sleeping and moved her to the window seat so he could sit next to me.

"How about we watch the live action Mulan?"

"Yeah, that seems fun."

We both went to the movie on our chair tv's.

"1" I said counting down.

"2" Hari said, smiling.

"3"

"Now." we said together, pressing play at the same time. We gave each other a little smile before facing away to watch the movie.

As we were watching the movie, I intertwined our hands together on the shared seat hand rest. Kurono looked at me, his face slightly pink, before turning to watch the movie. He didn't move his hand , just let it rest with mine. I gave his hand a little squeeze and rubbed it with my thumb. Kurono loved affection and it always helped him calm down.

"Thank you, Kai."

"Hmm?"

He looked at me, smiling, "Thank you."

I nodded understanding, "Always, Hari. After all it's the least I can do. You're always there for me."

He blushed a little, then turned to Eri. He put the hand seat up between him and Eri, and positioned he in a way so she was more comfortable, sleeping on his lap. He was having a bit of trouble with doing it, because he never let go of my hand and was trying to reposition her with one hand. I laughed a but he still succeeded, he rolled his eyes and turned his attention back to the movie.

"So, Hari, what should we watch now?" I asked when the movie finished.

"The Greatest Showmen is on here. Want to watch that?"

"Sure."

We went to the movie, "1"

"2"

"3"

"Now."

We were watching for a bit when I noticed Kurono's hand leaving mine. Eri had just woken up and he was making sure she was comfortable.

"Kai, could you move please? Eri needs to use the restroom."

"Sure." I left got up and watched as Kurono picked Eri up over his seat, making her laugh as he placed her on the other side. We watched Eri leave for the restroom and turned our attention to the movie.

My thoughts drifted to Kurono and my relationship with him. I've known we both have feelings for each other. It's something we've never talked about, but both knew. Before I had been scared, and I know he was too. We were scared of dating and having our feelings change, then we might never be as close as before. So we never talked about how we felt. I know, just like he does, that our feelings haven't changed. I've always hoped he'd find someone, so he'd fall in love and be happy and I'd be able to move on because one of the main reasons I know that I can never move on from Kurono is that he has feelings for me too. If he were to move on, I might be able to move on too.

I thought about our life in America. It was a do over, but still continuing what we're doing. Maybe, I could take him out on a date someday. We'll be pretending to be married, so why not actually date. That's it. Once we've settled down and the moment's right. I'll take Kurono out, because I don't think we're going to move on from each other anytime soon. Our feelings haven't changed from when we were in high school, and I think telling him I love him, is long overdue.