47. Nemoto

Two months have passed since we came here and Overhaul seems to have gotten closer to Kurono. I'm not sure what to think of it. They arn't dating, right? I mean, sure, Overhaul and Kurono did have a kid together. Something I've known ever sense the beginning because I asked Kurono. And he hasn't told Overhaul, right? So, there's nothing to worry about. Unless...

"Hey, Overhaul?"

"Yes, Nemoto?"

It was just us two in this house. I could ask now.

"I love you."

"I know, and I don't feel the same way."

Alright. Alright. Quick and honest rejection.

"Is their-"

"Not in a question."

"Right. Sorry." Now how would I phrase this. "You are single."

"Nope. I'm married to Hari. But I guess you could say we're also dating."

"Oh, alright."

When did this happen? Why wasn't I aware of this? So, me and him aren't going to end up together after all. That hurts.

We continued to just sit down and wait for the others to arrive. After what felt like an eternity they finally started coming in.

"You lucky lovebirds got your days off together. Hope you guys didn't do anything, eh?" Mimic said making kissy faces at us.

"No, Mimic it's not like that." I said feeling my heart sink even more.

"Oof. A rejection."

"Yeah, he's-" I stopped myself not knowing if he wanted to keep this a secret.

"I'm with Kurono." he said not caring.

Mimic faked a gasp and fell down pretending to be dead.

"You and Kurono! No! Kurono won't let me take advantage of his relationship with you to get what I want!"

"You know I wouldn't let you do that if I had been dating Overhaul, right?"

Mimic started laughing. "Nah, you would have totally fallen for it!"

"You would have eventually been like, Oh! Overhoe! I've fallen under the pressure of the rest!" Rappa said coming in.

"He's right." Tengai said behind him.

Soon the rest of the group had all come in and started making fun of me. Overhaul had left, leaving me alone to deal with everybody.

"And guess who Overhaul's dating!" Mimic yelled.

"Wait. Overhoe is dating someone?"

"Who?"

"Kurono!" he yelled laughing.

"Ooo, wonder what he did to sneak his way into the cold bosses heart~" Setsuno said wiggling his eyebrows.

"Sleep with him, I guess." I mumbled to myself, but they all heard.

"Wait! They slept together?" Hojo asked.

"Only once!" I said trying to save myself from this mistake.

"Who would've thought Overhoe could be so dirty~"Rappa laughed.

"What's going on?" Kurono said opening the door to come inside with Eri.

"You slept with the Boss!" Rikiyo said.

"Only once a while back." Kurono said glaring at me.

"Sorry..." I mumbled actually feeling bad.