1

lee minho sat in the café surrounded by his friends. he didn't pay attention to what they were saying as he was watching the boy with the blue hair across the café.

the new school year started in a week, so seeing new people wasn't uncommon. but something about the blue boy drew him in. the blue boy who was alone. the blue boy who had headphones in.

"minho!" felix waved his hand in front of minhos face.

"huh what?" minho looked over at his friends, finally taking his eyes off the blue boy.

"who are you rooming with?" chan asked.

"uh i guess changbin and seungmin. they're the quietest of all of you." minho shrugged.

"wait wait wait. you're sticking me with felix, jeongin, and hyunjin?" chan asked.

"uh...yeah..?" minho laughed.

"okay whatever. all of you just remember there's someone that lives in between our apartments. that means be respectful." chan gave a serious look to all the boys at the table.

"haha yes sir." felix smirked.

jisung noticed the gorgeous boy with black hair staring at him. he noticed how sparkly his eyes are, and how beautiful his smile is. he assumed he was staring because jisung was wearing his big black hoodie in ninety degree weather.

he got up, grabbing his skateboard. he made sure to have a good grip on his camera before leaving the café, skating through the city.

he took the long way from the café to the bridge. he saw that group of boys from the café. he saw the beautiful boy with black hair.

he saw them smiling, laughing, talking, and just having fun. they looked like they didn't have a care in the world. like they were genuinely enjoying that moment.

that's...beautiful.

jisung couldn't resist the urge, picking up his camera. thoughtlessly, he began to take pictures of them. he took many pictures, before one of the boys spotted him. jisung quickly pointed the camera towards the cherry blossom trees, taking pictures.
slowly, the group of boys approached him.

"hey! why were you taking pictures of us?" one of the boys, the shortest one there, yelled at him.

"changbin calm the fuck down." the tall one, with long, gorgeous hair rolled his eyes.

"i-uh...i know it seems weird but i'm really into photography. i saw you guys having fun together and i just thought the moment was so...beautiful. i had to capture it." jisung gave a small smile.

"oh so that makes it less weird?" the short boy, now known as changbin questioned.

"uhhhh...yes?" jisung smiled. 

"who even are you?" the boy with dimples and blonde curly hair asked.

"i'm...no one important. if you'll excuse me i really should go now." jisung smiled as he checked the time.

"but wait-" changbin tried to yell, but jisung was already skating off.

jisung skated to his apartment, dropping his skateboard by the door as he entered. he took off his shoes, walking in and setting his headphones on the table.

he laid down on his bed, lifelessly staring at the ceiling. he stared for hours as if his ceiling was the most interesting thing in the world.

around five, he heard music blasting from the apartments on both sides, along with faint talking.
i guess my new neighbors moved in...on both sides. jisung allowed himself to drift off to sleep.

2:37 am

jisung woke up, knowing he wasn't going to be able to fall back asleep. he sighed as he got up, walking out onto his balcony. he stared lifelessly up at the moon, until he heard a voice.

"cant sleep, no one important?"

he looked over and saw his neighbor on his balcony. his neighbor was the pretty boy who was staring at him at the café.

"i could ask you the same thing." jisung replied.

"i'm minho." the pretty boy smiled.

"i'm jisung. how old are you?"

"i'm 20, you?"

"19."

"what are you doing up so late?" minho asked.

"fell asleep too early today. what about you?" jisungs body was now fully turned towards the other balcony.

"insomnia."

jisung nodded.

"what do you normally do when you can't sleep?" jisung asked.

"i make impulsive decisions." minho shrugged.

"like...?"

"like...would you like to come with me to find out?"

a/n: i had to rewrite this 3 times and it came out so different each time bc wattpad wouldnt let me post it. but anygays i'm back with another story and i hope you guys will like it!!

as it says in the description, this story is based off a comment by straytothemoon