Chapter 46 Ronin

Setting down the metals on the ground beside Ronin. He was underneath REX working on some adjustments, he wants her to fly more smoothly. And needed extra scraps.

"Thanks, kid. Can you see if she'll still turn on?" He asks, sliding out from underneath.

I pull out my key slipping into it. And trying to start it, but it didn't. "What did you do?" I say looking down at him, who was lighting a cigarette. "And quit smoking."

"It's a habit."

I sit, taking the screwdriver from him and going underneath REX. Looking at what he did, which was a mess. I could tell he didn't connect the wire to start it up, and he did making the flying smoother.

I reached up fixing the wiring mistake he made and looking over what he did. It appears fine. "Ronin, start it."

I slide out from under and see him starting REX, which worked. "Didn't know you knew how to work on REX."

"I learned from watching you. I also read about it," I explain, looking at his arm. "You also need to change that up. Your pointer finger has slower reaction time to the rest of your fingers."

"Goddammit. It's annoying to fix..." he flops down into his chair, smoking his cigarette.

"I could do it."

"Kid, can you light this?"

"I'm working on your arm. It's more important than your addiction," I state unscrewing the screws from his pointer finger. Setting them in a pile away from the rest.

"I need something to keep me calm. I don't have an arm on," he wines, through his legs on the table. Next to his arm, I removed.

I sigh, moving the arm away from his boots. I don't want to put more clean effort into this than I already have to. "If light it will move your feet. Then I will."

Pulling out a lighter from my pocket, that I kept because he never had his. I light the cigarette he had in my mouth and I hear his feet fall. Allowing me to focus back on his finger of his.

"How did you get the books?"

"I made a deal with someone from the city. Cheap books with a lot of information about building mechanics and a prosthetic hand."

"How did I don't see them?"

"You fall asleep with two eyes closed. I sleep with one eye open with a little amount of sleep. I read well you sleep," I change the wire to the finger, making sure it's connected to the other.

"Very funny. I sleep with one eye open," he chuckles.

"Did you know you snore?" I ask him, looking at his brown eye.

"I don't."

"Sure."

I did not want to see Ronin, but I wouldn't mind if I did. Sure we had a good time, but we ended badly. Bad in a way I ended back on the streets, not cause he kicked me out. But because I chose to leave.

Do I regret it? Yes. Would have I stayed? I don't know. I don't think I would have met the ninja if I did. Or if I didn't, I would be meeting them now.

"Are you sure we are at the right spot, Y/n? Maybe we took a wrong turn and ended up here?" I hear Kai call from behind me.

"Stix is his place, I know he's here. If not then it will be hard," I mumble the last part turning the corner. I wanted to avoid as many people as possible, we bought and sold a lot in Stix. Also may have stolen a thing or two, but mostly Ronin did. If someone recognizes me, I should probably run depending on who they are.