Chapter 17 A Sweet Dinner

Your Pov

I swung my weapon at Lloyd's legs, even though he knew I would usually go for the legs of the enemy. Yet, this time I had a plan all set up and ready for my next move.

Swiftly, Lloyd blocked my attack with his katana in hand. Not surprising at all. A small move with no other attack going at the same time? An easy block with a weapon or an item.

Lucky, my weapon was made with two ends that could harm someone. I used this to my advantage as I adjusted my hand to push down on his shoulder. The leg that I was originally going after wasn't going to be left alone. I wrapped my foot behind his ankle so if my shoulder attack fails, I can make him lose his balance at least.

My eyes turned to his green ones, expecting some emotion of shock or scared. However, I didn't see any of those emotions. Only the blind eye and determination. It was confusing, still, I need to keep my guard up.

I put more pressure on the blade to make closer to his shoulder, he couldn't make his weapon come that far up his body without actually damaging me. It showed how close Lloyd and I were in this spar.

If Lloyd or I was to move any part of our body closer to each other, our chest would be touching one and another's. So, the move Lloyd played was leaning back.

A small smirk came to my face before pulling my foot around his ankle closer to me.

It does anything?! I thought as the shock of his move confused me.

Lloyd flipped back keeping his weapon in his hand as he did that. It made no sense to me because I thought he would actually hurt me to gain the upper hand during this spar.

As his moves still on my mind, my body got back down in a fight stance but I couldn't control my weapon. I stayed in one hand lose.

Lloyd stood back up from his flip and briskly made his way to me. In that action, I was able to stop his attack with my weapon in hand, feeling something around my leg. Fighting my best against him, I completely ignored my legs.

My body was flung down to the wooden floorboards, it wasn't helpful to my wounds still healing from the small spar I had against Skales. The bruising around my rips from that spar, it is more painful now than before.

I drop my weapon to place my hand on my rips. When I did a golden katana was pointed at my throat.

"I would say that I won this time?" Lloyd cocked a smirk.

"This time. You are one behind," I use my open hand to push myself to a sitting position.

"How? It is four me and three you," explains the blonde placing his hand out for me.

"Yeah, you have four losses now and I have three losses," a smirk appeared across my face as I grabbed his hand, pulling my body up.

He laughed at my joke causing some giggles to escape from me but ending them as soon as possible. It was like getting stabbed in the ribs. The bruising must have increased if it is hurting this much now...

"Sorry about that," he rubs the back of his neck adverting his eyes away from me flushing a bit.

"Hm?" I raise my eyebrows questioning him internally. "Oh, these? They'll heal one day."

"Yeah, but it seems made it worse," Lloyd admitted sheepishly.

"I'll ice them before we have to go later today," I asserted as I picked up my weapon.

"I can put them away. Go ahead an ice your ribs."

My eyes turn to Lloyd who hands his on my weapon, right next to mine. His warm soft skin just grazing the side of mine, something that would be in a dream that would be able to remember one day.