Chapter 18 - The System Wasn't a System, At Least a Good One

Third POV

It has been two hours since Y/n and Lloyd left on getting food for the team trip. Everyone thought they just left to go and make out, but they were wrong.

Y/n was craving a pizza from a pizza place in the same village Lloyd and her had to get the supplies for Wu. She planned on going by herself, but Lloyd dragged himself along. She wasn't planning on saying no to him, he also wanted to talk about the Serpentine Blood.

Ever since the two went to Skales and he explained the history of the Serpentine Blood. Lloyd seemed to worry about Y/n more than usual.

The Serpentine Blood was known as a myth to serpentine and people. That if a person was bitten by a serpentine they would gain the power of a serpentine. But that was proven wrong.

The Fangpyre can turn people, vehicles, and other objects into snakes. So, when the rumor went around people blamed and had a deeper hate of the Fangprye than any of the other serpentine. Even though they haven't seen the person that was actually bitten and by what tribe.

Skales said that because of how it is shaped, like an Anacondrai, Y/n got it from an Anacondrai. He knew that the serpentine were locked up for in five different tombs after the First Serpentine War.

Before Skales and the other serpentine were all drove into the tombs, their was a rumor among all serpentine that one human was bitten.

Skales made the connection that because Y/n wasn't born or in this world yet, it was her mother bitten. He didn't know how she would get the Serpentine Blood without contact with their fangs. So, he left her on a mystery on how she got Serpentine.

Yet, Y/n was still happy enough with the information she gathered from him. To just know more of the history of the Serpentine Blood, was one step closer to finding out more about it.

Y/n was happy to that Lloyd worried about her, but he can be quite annoying. Especially if he doesn't quit asking questions.

"Maybe Skales was lying to us and knew everything about the Serpentine Blood."

"What if Skales wanted to find out information on you and use it against you?"

"Isn't it weird how the Serpentine just let us in?"

Y/n was half in and half out of listening to Blondie. She felt as if she was growing bags under her eyes in the minutes they have been there.

"Here is your pizza," the waiter set the large pizza down on the table with plates, which woke the tiring girl.

"Ee! Thank you," Y/n smiled up at the waiter who had blush on his cheeks.

"Your welcome. Enjoy your meal," he bowed before exiting it the kitchen.

Y/n picked up the first slice of pizza and consuming the beautiful pizza. Lloyd just stared at her as she ate the pizza, thinking about what he said. 'Did she not listen to me?'

"Lloyd, you can eat too," Y/n notified him as she cleaned her face with a napkin.

"I know. Just..." Lloyd's eyes adverted away from her. "Were you even listening to me?"

"You want me to be honest?" Y/n asks of him.

"Yes."

"No." Y/n set her crust of the pizza down and stares at him. Her e/c eyes got Lloyd's attention looking back up at her. "Lloyd, I understand you worry about me and having the Serpentine Blood. I would like to talk about it more and answer your questions, but not right now please. Maybe on the ride back?"