Christmas Special: Mistletoe

It started to snow late tonight, just lightly covering the tree branches and the homes in Ninjago City. People were all dressed warmly in coats and hats as they walked the streets. Some were carrying shopping bags and some were out with the one they love. They looked so happy, except that one person who is carrying like ten bags.

As for me, I was sitting in the corner of the living room looking out the window. I was on the couch, but I wanted to get a better view of the snow. So, I took my soft blanket and sat over here.

It was quiet here, everyone went to bed a bit ago well I still had work to do. Which was the late wrapping of presents because I put it off until the last minute. Everyone already had their gifts under the tree for everyone and I was the last person to put some here. Which was okay because it gave me a reason to not sleep, but I got done too early. It was only 11:34 at night.

Holding my knees closer to me and tugging on the blanket. It felt like there was a chilly breeze, but there wasn't. The heaters are on keeping everyone warm because Kai doesn't like the cold that much. Kinda explains it because his elemental power is fire, but that should keep him warm causes he's a hothead.

"Y/n? Why are you still up?"

My e/c eyes glance over to Zane, wearing his blue and white striped pajamas and bunny slippers. Which I got for him as an early gift because he lost his other pair to a failed prank Lloyd performed. I wasn't part of the prank, but I watch Lloyd do the whole thing and stayed quiet the entire time.

"I had to wrap presents and then I couldn't sleep," I calmly say putting on a small smile. "What about you? Why are you up?"

"Pixel woke me up because I had to do a reboot," states Zane, sitting down on the couch.

"Thought the reboot was supposed to be on Christmas?"

"It is Christmas."

Turning towards the clock hanging on the wall, it was already 12:07. Christmas day. "I didn't notice. Must have gotten lost in a train of thought."

Silence fell upon us, neither of us talks for a bit. Only slight ruffed movement of the couch or my blanket. The silence urged me to tell Zane, tell anyone at this matter. "Zane? Have you ever celebrated Christmas?"

"Well, yeah. When I met Master Wu and the others," he simply replies. "Why may you ask?"

"Never celebrated it. Growing up, we never had a Christmas tree, presents, or these lights we hung up," I explain to him, seeing the lights hanging around the rim of the room. The red and green colors made the room look so pretty, even with the tree. "Even after I left them, I never knew what Christmas was. I heard people talk about it, but never knew what it was until I met you guys."

"You never gave presents to people or got presents?"

"Nope, it's okay though. I know that today will be a good day. After all, it is my first Christmas and I get to celebrate it will amazing people," I smile up at Zane, who returned with a simple nod. Enough to tell me that he understands what I am saying.

"That also requires 8 hours of sleep."

I roll my eyes slouching down closer to the floor. Zane knows my sleep schedule isn't too good. I am a ninja that is required to train by binging my shows to however late that may be.

I remember I pulled an all-nighter because I wanted to finish a season of my show so I can get catch up. But, at 6:30 am, Zane walked out to the living room to see my wide awake with my tired eyes watching my show. He turned off the TV himself and forced me to go to bed. He said he would take my chores for the day because I pulled an all-nighter. Definitely worth it because I did not want to clean all the floors.