Chapter 52 The Departed Reunited

I wave the ninja and Wu goodbye. All of them took vehicles besides Lloyd, Makani, and me.

Turning behind me I see Makani at the vending machine, knowing he was getting the candies he wanted before we entered the museum.

"The Day of the Departed is a good day," I hear Lloyd say walking towards me. Returning from his conversation with Dr. Saunders.

"It is. And we are lucky enough to witness it," I stare up at the stars above us. "Every 3,721 years."

"You can just round the number."

"I am a history nerd, Lloyd," I turn towards him. His soft skin in the moonlight was something I would never forget. His green eyes shone as he stares at mine. I wish I could capture a picture of him and hang it on the wall in our place. "Numbers are my thing."

"You look amazing tonight."

Glancing away with a smile before taking his hand. "You should see yourself in the moonlight. You look like a god."

He hummed pulling me in by my waist. "What's a god without his goddess."

"You wish you were a god," I mumble kissing his cheek. "You are just quoting your dream from the night before."

"I swear I was a dragon and I saved you from... something," he looks around for the answer.

"Crazy dream. And let me guess, you saved me from a demon?"

"Yes! The demon was some weird purple thing," he remembered.

I nod my head laughing, "sure."

Glancing over at Makani, he was running towards holding a bunch of snacks. "Auntie look! I got the Sweet Pop we saw on TV!"

"And a lot more I see. You better start eating them on the way to your Mom's," I suggest. "Go tell everyone we are heading out soon."

"Ok, bye Lloyd!"

Makani runs away from us and towards everyone else. Waving his candies at Jay to show them off. "He reminds me of my younger self. Expect I would have stolen the candies."

"And now look at you," I turn to hold his cheeks. "You are the savior of Ninjago."

"With you by my side."

"Always."

Turning the corner through the air. It wasn't dark enough this night so I couldn't see. My dragon is practically a shining light.

"Auntie, do we have lanterns at my mom's?" Makani asks behind me.

"Yes, do you think I wouldn't have gotten lanterns?"

"Yeah, Lloyd says you are forgetful sometimes," he admits ripping his next snack open.

"Well, I'll make sure to tell Lloyd you told me that," I say aiming my dragon downwards toward the house.

"Go ahead. Lloyd won't do anything about it," I could feel his smirk plastered on his face.

"Mhm, tell your mom that."

My dragon's feet plant down on the sand. The loud waves are the first thing I hear. I watch as the waves crash onto the coastline, changing the color of the sand. I forget how simple life is outside of the city. Ninjago City always has something going on at all times of the day. Out here, there isn't going on all the time except the families lives.

Makani jumps off the dragon and then the dragon disappears below me. My feet land down on the sand. Makani runs by me and into his house, leaving me behind.