Chapter 38 The Mind and Mr. Perfect

"I'm going to beat up both of them to a pulp."

"Now, that's not nice to say," Jay says with a nervous chuckle, patting my back.

"They are both a-"

A hand was placed over my mouth, I look over to see Kai looking at me and back up to something. I followed his eyes to where and I see Neuro. Sitting on a rock.

I would have waved to him or said 'hi', but in my current situation. I really can't.

Lloyd and Kai were holding both my arms, so I don't go 'crazy' again. I'm not crazy. Chen is being a sneaky little annoying worm to the point where I am going to fight him. Also with the side worm and the walking dummies.

"Seems like you have your hands full," Neuro says looking at me.

To be nice to him, since I think we are friends now. I head butt Kai hand, making it fall from my mouth. "Let's just say I'm going to beat up the hosts."

"I see."

"Neuro, you know why are here. We-"

"Want to prevent the fight between your two friends. Because you know something is up," Neuro says cutting off Lloyd.

"Just look into my head."

"Look into mine, I have a bigger brain than him," I sarcastically comment glaring at Lloyd. "That's for holding me back."

"We can't start any trouble."

"Too late."

His eyes stare at mine, confused. Then turns his head away from me looking at our master of the mind friend, or my friend. "You see, this isn't about what we thought it was. It is so much more than that. Look in my head."

"So is my Brain, it's filled with more than training and food. Other stuff too," I add on.

"I'll see what I can do."

We thank Neuro for walking back to Chen's place. I was still held back by the two boys. "Can I be let go now?"

"Why? Are you tired of your lover boy?" laughs Kai.

"I'll start making sarcastic comments about you too."

Kai's frío let's go if me, walking away with his hand up in the air. Walking far enough back to knock into Jay.

Turns my head to blonde boy Lloyd, who really isn't a boy. He's a man. I mean just look. At him, the muscles. His abs you can see with the gi on.

"Are you checking me out again?"

I couldn't let this happen again. "Is the reason you still holding onto me is because you want me?"

'Good one, Y/n!'

"I- I just... I don't want you to get in a fight with Clouse or Chen, you know we are here to look for Zane. And now finding out about Cole and Jay's fight," a sigh escapes his lips. "I don't understand how you are so upset over this. To the point, you want to fight them. I want to too, but we have to think first."

I was stunned. Lloyd really does care about what I do. He doesn't want me to get hurt or the ninja. Which really means, I'm just another friend to him.

'Fake it, now.'

"Lloyd, that's not the only thing I'm upset about. I... I really can't talk about the other thing here, but I will soon," I say softly holding onto his hand.

'Not now, he can't know about Chen and the Serpentine Blood. I don't even know Chen's full motives with the Serpentine Blood. All I know, he knows way more about it than me and he has the upper hand here.'