Chapter 9

Song for the chapter: Moon and Moon by Bat For Lashes

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

As the weeks go on, Nathan and I do pretty much everything together. My mother and Troy absolutely love him and so does Bradley. A lot of the times that he comes over, he does things with Troy and Bradley and I tease him about hanging out with them more than me. It's obvious that he likes me, but he respects my feelings and doesn't act on it. 

"He is such a sweet boy Allison," my mother says as we clean up in the kitchen. We had just eaten dinner and Nathan was playing a video game with the other two. 

"I know he is," I say with a small smile.

"Do you like him?" She asks.

I sigh. "I don't know mom, you know how I feel."

"Honey, it's been a long time. It's time to move on. This is a new beginning for you, I can see what he does to you. You haven't been this happy in so long," she says and places her hand on the small of my back.

"I know." The truth is, I was starting to feel something for Nathan. I didn't exactly know what I was feeling because I refused to face my feelings. The one thing that I did know was that I didn't want to get hurt again, I couldn't let myself fall for someone all over again just to have the same thing happen to me. I honestly still didn't know if I was ready to let go of Luke.

He was billions of miles away, I didn't even know where he was. But I had made progress; I didn't think of him as much, and I haven't cried in a while, but it still hurt. I did know that I would never fully get over Luke, but I was doing better. Nathan had helped with that and I was glad.

The part of me that didn't want to get hurt was winning this battle, but a small part that wanted to jump and take a risk was still fighting back. Linley and my mother were right, Nathan was a good guy. He did make me happy and maybe that should be enough to just go for it.  My head was telling me to give myself more time, but more time equals more overthinking and I didn't need to do anymore of that. I need to follow my heart and see where it leads me, I think it will lead to a good outcome. At least I hope it will.

When it is time for Nathan to leave, I walk him out to our front porch. We stand in the same spot that Luke and I did, underneath the light by the door, yet it felt so different. 

"I had a good time tonight, just like I always do," he says down to me with a smile. 

"Me too," I say and smile back. He leans down and brings me into the usual tight hug, but not too tight. When he pulls away, his eyes that are twinkling in the light are close to mine.

"Can I...try something?" He asks quietly. I know exactly what he has in mind and nod my head before I can tell myself no. I bite down on my bottom lip as his face moves closer and closer to mine. Before I know it, his soft lips are brought to mine in a gentle peck.

He pulls away and pauses, giving me a moment to react. I lick my lips, tasting the kiss that was still lingering on them. I don't even give myself time to take it all in before I lean up and kiss him back. It is soft at first, but grows deeper within seconds as he slips his tongue in my mouth. 

It was time for me to jump. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/N

Sorry for the short chapters, I also hope they're not too boring. Don't worry, it's going to get better soon I promise! I have so much planned for this story and I'm so excited about it!

What do you guys think? How do you like Nathan? Also, who do you picture Nathan as? :)

I love hearing your guys' opinions, thank you so much for continuing to read!

Love you babes xx <3