Chapter 40

Luke's POV 

Allis looks absolutely stunning today. I don't know what it is about her in red, but it drives me crazy. I can't help but stare at her as she talks to different people who I've never met. By the looks of it, I assume she hasn't met some of them either. Her long, curled hair blows gently in the breeze and moves with her as she talks. Even though there are many people talking loudly around me, all I can hear is the sound of her laugh from a few feet away. Her flawless features give me the weirdest feeling in my stomach, and I love it. I am so lost in her that I have no idea what else is going on. 

Suddenly, something hits me hard on the head and I am brought back to reality. "Dude, we yelled heads up!" Michael's says as him and everyone laugh. Apparently Allis' friend Nathan had served the volleyball and it came right to me and hit me since I wasn't paying attention. 

I didtn't really care for Nathan. I don't know what it is, but something about him just bothered me. Maybe it was the fact that he stared at Allis a little too much. I think that's probably the main reason. I wasn't going to confront him about it like I usually would, I didn't want to ruin her day that she seemed to be enjoying. 

Since Allis is taken away by her mother to talk to people a lot, I get any chance I can to kiss or hug her. I probably displayed too much affection for her, but I didn't care. I wanted her to know how much I loved her and I would continue doing little things to prove that to her until the day I died. From what I could tell, I made her pretty happy. I just don't think  I could ever make her as happy she made me. That's impossible for anybody. 

It felt amazing to be home. Don't get me wrong, I love living my dream with my best friends every single day. But that dream was slowly fading. I had a new dream that was quickly surfacing and making its way to the top. That dream was to start my life with Allis. I don't care what we do or where we live, it will be perfect as long as I'm with her. I don't know how much longer I will be able to handle the tour life. Each day without her kills me and makes being famous not even worth it anymore. I know we are young, but I have already decided that I want to spend the rest of my life with Allis, loving her and making her the happiest that she can be. I want to start that life as soon as possible, but I don't know when we will be able to since I'm gone all of the time. 

I just wish she could go on the road with us, then my life would be complete. I have thought about asking her many times, but I don't want to take the normal life that she wants away from her. She's about to go to college and start new, beginning the next chapter of her life. I couldn't ask her to leave her life here. She already had to do that when she moved here, I wouldn't make her leave everything she knows and loves again. 

When I see Allis go into the house, I think about going in there and getting some alone time with her. Just to sit down and talk to her; ask her how she's doing, tell her how beautiful she looks. 

"Luke, it's your serve!" Linley yells as she throws the ball to me. This time I look and catch the ball before it hits me somewhere else. I decide against going inside with Allis and let her have her alone time. 

Lin, Michael, Calum, Ashton and I are all playing against Nathan, his friend Peter and a few other kids from school. We were currently winning and I wanted to beat Nathan pretty bad. I felt extra competitive against him for some reason. 

I was shocked at the amount of people that showed up for the party. I knew there would be a few, but not this many. Allis didn't talk to many people besides us four guys and Linley, but I guess more people took interest in her since she had that party. Luckily her mom never found out about that. I miss being here all of the time; going to parties and sneaking around with Allis. 

I miss our apartment the most. Our bed was so comfortable, and I loved coming home to her in our own home. I've been thinking about looking into another apartment, possibly one in the same building since she loved it so much. We would be able to have our own place when I came home, I just don't know how Allis would feel about living on her own. I would have to talk to her about it soon. 

When we finally finish and win the game, I notice that Allis has still not come back out here. I decide to go in to see if she's okay. After giving my team high fives, I walk to the house. When I get inside, I find nobody in the kitchen or anywhere else in sight. I hear talking coming from another room and walk to the living room. 

I am frozen in my tracks at the unpleasant sight in front of me. My eyes must be fooling me, there is no way that what I am seeing is real life. My stomach churns and my breaths have suddenly sped up. 

"Allis, get away from him," I say softly. Her face is bright red and covered in the black makeup that is now running down her tear-stained cheeks. A figure that I had not wanted to see ever again was standing next to her.

"What the hell are you doing here, and what the hell did you do to her?" I ask Ben, my brother who I have not seen in months. 

"I didn't do anything but tell her what she needed to know," he says, an evil smirk on his face.

I want to punch him so bad, but I know that I must keep calm and figure out what is going on. "Baby, tell me what's wrong," I say as I reach out for her.

"Don't touch me," she whispers and backs away from me. What will always hurt the most is seeing Allis extremely terrified of me. 

I close my eyes and hold back the tears as best I can. I know exactly what he said to her, and he has now put our relationship in jeopardy.