Chapter 33

Waking up without Luke laying next to me was the worst part about him being gone. His absence was very evident as I shiver without the warmth of his arms. I already missed falling into his oceans and never coming up for air. 

Only a few more weeks.

A few more weeks until I was done with high school. A few more weeks until I got my own apartment. A few more weeks until my mother's wedding, which I couldn't tell if I was excited for or not. But most importantly, a few more weeks until I would be back in his arms for a while longer. 

I had to admit that the distance was really getting to me. It was really hard to be without him when I was with him every single day a couple of months ago. Of course I would never let it affect how I felt about Luke, it just really sucked. 

The weeks up until Luke came home were filled with getting ready for my mom's wedding. Since I had decided that I wanted to be an event planner, my mother let me plan most of the stuff for the big day. Why they had set the date so early, I wasn't sure; but it made it worse for everyone. The stress from trying to get everything ready in such a short amount of time combined with the fear of not being able to cram everything in time for finals was enough to make me go insane. Missing Luke didn't make it any better. 

As I was ordering the flowers that my mom and Troy had picked out together, the line beeped and I had another call waiting. I finished the order quickly and switched lines to be surprised by Abigail's voice. 

"Ally!" She screams when I answer.

"Hey Ab, what's up?" I ask.

"Nothing much, just have some great news," she says excitedly.

"Okay well spill! Don't keep me waiting!"

"So I wasn't gonna tell you 'cause I wanted it to be a surprise but I just couldn't keep it in any longer..." She trails off.

"Tell me!" I yell after a moment of silence.

"I'M COMING TO VISIT YOU SOON!" She yells so fast I can barely understand her. 

I squeal back which causes her to scream once again. I was so excited. "When?!" I ask.

"A few weeks! Probably about three or four, I haven't bought my ticket yet so I'm not positive."

"I'm so excited!" I yell once again.

"Me too, you have no idea."

We both sit in silence until I ask the question we both know I am wondering. "Is Ben coming too?"

There is a long pause that leaves me in suspense. "I don't think so Al, I'm sorry."

I sigh into the phone. I didn't know what kind of terms Ben and I were on, but I still missed him nonetheless. I'm not surprised at his decision though. "Okay," I sigh.

"Well I need to get going, I have to study for my finals. I'll talk to you soon. Love you," she says with a kissy noise.

"I love you too, Ab. Can't wait to see you," I whisper. She agrees and we exchange one more goodbye before the line goes dead.

My excitement to see my long lost best friend was unreal. Though I was going to miss Ben like crazy. I wasn't sure where we stood and I'm afraid our friendship is lost now that I am back with Luke. I knew that he was happier when Luke and I broke up even though I was miserable. He hated Luke and I knew that for sure when we got back together. I've barely talked to him since and whenever we do talk, it's more like me talking and him giving me one word answers. I've given up on trying lately and haven't talked to him for a while now. He seemed indifferent towards Nathan, but it's very clear that he hates Luke more than anything in this world. 

I missed Ben a lot and his friendship has meant a lot to me these past few years; but if he can't be happy for me like I've always been for him, then that's a problem that I won't deal with. Luke has done a lot more for me and I know that he will always be there for me. Ben on the other hand won't stay around when I get a boyfriend, so my trust in him is slowly running thin.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/N

HELLO BABES!

Long time no talk! I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while and I'm sorry if this chapter is short and crappy, but I wanted to give you guys something. I'm currently in Florida and writing as I sit outside while listening to the waves relaxes me. I'll have some time to update and I will try to post another chapter tonight. Thank you for not giving up on me, I love you guys so much xx

-B