Chapter 65

After Linley and I finish getting ready, we are escorted to the seating area by security. As we step into the arena, I am in shock all over again. I swear the audience gets bigger every single time. We are given our tickets by one of the guards and walk to our seats on our own; they aren't too far back from the stage, but they're not front row. I didn't care about being front row, as long as I got to see Luke I was perfectly fine. Plus it wouldn't be fair to sit front row instead of someone else who doesn't get to see them up close everyday.

The seats that are not already taken fill up within seconds. The girls around us are all super nice and we all share a couple of conversations. They mostly talk about how excited they are to see One Direction, and some are more excited to see 5SOS, which makes me happy. It feels like hours go by as we wait for the boys to come on, but we are taken by surprise when the lights go out all at once.

The three boys walk out visibly with the spotlights on them, as well on Ashton as he takes a seat at his drumset. The screams in the arena could probably be heard from miles away and it gives me a warm feeling knowing that more and more people are beginning to love these boys as much as I do.

They open with a song called Out of My Limit, a song that I've heard a few times now whether it be from the first concert I went to of their's, or from hearing them practice it in Michael's garage a number of times. Most girls sing along and dance to the beat, as do Linley and I. Next, they play one of my favorites: Lost Boy. By the screams when the song comes on, it is obvious that this is a pretty popular song. I am filled with goosebumps each time that Luke sings, and at one point Luke and I finally make eye contact. He gives a warm smile, which causes a number of girls to lose it, before looking down at his guitar.

After a few songs go by, they boys stop and talk to the crowd. They introduce themselves as well as talk about how much they love everyone here. Something special about these boys is that they really do dedicate themselves to their fans, it brings warmth to my heart. When they finish talking, they introduce a song called Over and Over. A lot of people scream and sing along to this song, but I had never heard it before.

It is a beautiful song and they all sound amazing. They harmonize perfectly, but Luke's voice always stands out to me. It hypnotizes me, sending me into a trance that only silence could take me out of. My ears are ringing. Everything is muffled, except for the sound that comes from his mouth. I don't know how a human could sound like that, but it was real. I would doubt the reality of it if it wasn't right in front of my eyes. Feelings swarm my body and I feel weightless as I stand there and watch him. I need him.

They play three more songs that I have heard and then end with Amnesia, which gives me a number of mixed feelings. I can't help but think of when they performed this when we weren't together, but I have to remember that I have him again. This made me want him even more. Everytime that they zoom in on his face on the big screen, you can see the droplets of sweat falling from his face. The glow around his body makes him look even more like the angel that he is. He is so beautiful, there's no other way that I could describe him. The sweat, the strumming of the guitar, the raspiness in his voice: all of the reasons why I can't contain myself.

It takes all that I have not to run up to the stage and kiss him, but that would be bad. I silently thank them when they finally end their show and walk off stage. I wouldn't have been able to stand still any longer. The audience goes wild after their bow and shortly after they leave the stage, the lights come back on. People are scattering everywhere to go to the concession stands or bathrooms, luckily Linley and I are fine and can stay here.

About thirty minutes go by and the lights go out once again, causing even louder screams. I'm going to be deaf by the time we leave this building. Ever since the boys started touring with them, I've listened to more of their stuff so I am finally able to sing along to their songs that I had not just heard on the radio. It is weird seeing Louis up there after everything that has happened, and since I hadn't seen him in a couple of days.