Chapter 46

Allis' POV

It had been a few days since my mother's wedding, which meant I hadn't seen Luke in a while. After the kiss with Louis, I realized that I only wanted Luke. The thing is, I'm still scared and didn't know how I was supposed to trust him. I think we still need some time apart.

I haven't done much besides sleep when I can and occasionally hang out with Linley. I don't come out of my room much, my bed is the only place I really want to be. The days are long and boring without Luke, I hadn't realized how lonely I was without him. It's pretty awkward when I'm around Louis, whenever he is around. Ever since the kiss, we haven't spoken much. I wish that it didn't happen, I missed the friendship that we shared.

Nathan has been texting me more than usual, continuously asking if I was okay and if he could see me. I haven't see him yet since I don't feel like going anywhere besides my room and the kitchen. Lin doesn't make me talk about Luke, and neither do the boys when they come to visit me.

I didn't understand what was wrong with me. Of course I missed Luke like crazy, but I didn't know why it made me feel like this; so weak and drained. The constant pang of guilt and sadness filled my chest, and my thoughts never let me be alone in the silence.

"Let's go out. Come on, we can go get some ice cream or something," Linley says as she impatiently bounces on my bed.

"Linnnn," I whine. "I don't wanna go anywhere."

"You have been laying in bed for days, you've barely been out of the house. We are not doing this depressed thing again, you need to get out. Ice cream will help, ice cream always helps. Now let's go," she says as she tugs on my arm.

"Fine. But please stop pulling me," I sigh as I get up from the comfort of my bed. I don't even bother to change out of my sweats and leave my hair in the messy bun. I honestly didn't care what I looked like, I had no one to impress. I'm sure I wouldn't be seeing the one person I would ever want to impress anyways.

The setting sun that I hadn't seen in a few days is too bright for me when I walk outside. I have to squint so much my eyes almost close completely. Linley drives us in her car as the breeze blows my loose hairs all over. I don't bother to push them out of my face, instead I lay back and close my eyes as the music that is playing soothes me.

We arrive at a local ice cream shop a few minutes later. Thankfully it wasn't too crowded. I get a cone with two scoops of chocolate fudge and Linley basically forces me to let her pay for mine. We stay inside and eat since it is a little chilly outside today. We find a small table and silently eat our cones.

"How are you feeling?" She breaks the silence asks for the first time in a while.

To be honest, I wasn't really sure how I was feeling. "I don't know," I answer with the only words I do know.

"Luke misses you," she blurts out after a moment.

"I know," I say plainly. That is one thing that I unfortunately did know.

"That's all I'm gonna say," she says quietly. We soon finish our ice cream cones and head out the door. "Wanna go back home?" She asks as we get back in her car.

"Please," I whisper. "Thank you for the ice cream. It was nice to get out for a little bit, but I'm ready to lay in my bed."

She laughs which causes a small smile to unexpectedly appear on my lips. "Okay," she responds. She drives slower on the way home, but I don't mind. Sometimes I like riding in the car, staring out the window as good music plays. Then I start to think too much as I watch the trees pass by quickly, and I remember why I don't enjoy car rides. Thankfully it is dark by the time we are almost home, so I no longer have to squint from the brightness.