Chapter 39

A/N

Hi guys I just wanted to say real quick that I did not proof read this so if there's any mistakes I apologize! Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The days that I spend with Luke are of course the best days. It never gets old waking up next to him. Sometimes we go to the beach just to lay in the sand and stare at each other. His beautiful features are so much more prominent in the sunlight and I get lost in him. I am reminded of all of our memories as we lay by the waves; the first time he sang to me, when he told me he loved me, and of course when I made the best decision of my life: to let him back in my life. Who knows what I'd be doing in this moment if I hadn't done that.

He is home for a while, and I couldn't be happier to be doing the same things with him everyday.

When it is finally the day of my graduation party, I wake up to a lot of noise downstairs. It is one of the rare occasions that I awake before Luke, so I let him sleep some more. He always looks so peaceful when he sleeps, just like an angel. I decide to get up and see what is going on downstairs. I carefully untangle myself from his arms and slip out of the room as quietly as possible.

My family is scrambling everywhere, trying to put all of the decorations up and clean the rest of the house. The kitchen is filled with tons of food, and even more food that is being put out by my mother.

"Hello darling," she says when she notices me. "Where's Luke?"

"He's still sleeping, we were up pretty late last night. How are things going, do you need me to help?" I ask.

"That's okay dear. You don't need to do anything, it's your party. Besides, I have Troy and the kids helping out."

"Okay. Is Louis down here?" I ask.

"I believe he is setting up the backyard," she says with a smile. I smile back and walk outside to find him setting up chairs around the many tables spread out all over the yard.

"Hey," I say softly as I walk over to him.

"Hello there Allis, how's it looking?" He asks.

"I think these chairs are a little too far apart," I joke, trying to relieve some of the tension between us.

"Ha ha, very funny," he smirks at me.

"I'm just kidding, it looks great. Thanks for helping out," I smile and take a seat in one of the chairs.

"Well of course, anything for you," he says shyly. He sits in the chair next to me and lets out a sigh. "Hey, can I talk to you about something?"

"Of course you can," I turn and say with a small smile.

"Look, Allis-"

"Hey guys," Luke says as he steps outside. I smile and wave to him as he makes his way over to the table.

"What were you saying?" I ask Louis.

"It's nothing," he whispers before Luke sits down. "I should get back to work." He gets up from the table and goes inside.

"Where's he going?" Luke asks.

"He's helping set up. Did you sleep okay?" I ask.

"I slept great as I always do with you. Are you excited for today?" He asks me.

"I mean I guess. It's just a party, not that big of a deal," I laugh. "Plus I'm sure there won't be that many people."

"Please, there will be a lot. I know it," he says.

"We'll see. But I need to go get ready," I give him a quick kiss and get up from my chair. "You look handsome by the way," I wink.

"Thanks babe. I'll just be down here helping," he says and we both head into the house.

Linley picked out my outfit for today: a simple, red dress with a baby blue necklace. It's not really my style, but Lin has totally changed my ways of fashion. No more all black for me. I curl my hair at the ends and put on a little more makeup than usual. It doesn't take as long as I thought it would to get ready and by the time I go downstairs, the house is fully decorated and ready for the party. There is food, chairs and pictures of me everywhere. The backyard consists of many tables and chair under big, white tents, a volleyball net, and various other outdoor games. Luke and Louis are playing a game of cornhole when I step outside.

"Guys it looks great out here!" I exclaim.

They turn their heads and stare at me with open mouths. "So do you," they both say at the same time. I am a little frightened at first, but it felt good to have both of these beautiful boys complimenting me.

They turn to look at each other and Louis starts to speak. "Uh, yes you look very nice. I'm gonna go get a drink," he says nervously and walks quickly across the yard and into the house.

"What has gotten into him?" Luke asks me.

"I'm not sure," I lie. Unfortunately I knew exactly what was wrong.

"Weird..." He trails off before turning back to me and wrapping his arms around my waist. "You look perfect." He bends down to kiss my forehead and the gesture along with his words makes me blush.

"Thanks babe. Let's go inside, shall we?" I ask.

We go inside and are surprised to see our friends looking at my baby pictures. Lin runs over to hug me and Luke and I join them. The guys tell me how cute I was and make fun of some of the outfits that I was in.

"Hey, I was cute!" I yell.

"Yeah you were, what happened?" Luke asks and winks at me before kissing my cheek.

"You're a jerk," I playfully hit him.

A few minutes later, the doorbell rings and my house slowly starts to fill up with my mother's friends and our friends' families. Eventually some people from our school show up. Nathan and Peter show up and I take this opportunity to formally introduce them to Luke. They haven't really met before and I don't want there to be awkward tension between the two of them.

I give them both hugs and lead them outside to where the rest of my friends are. I bring them over to the table and pull Luke up. "Guys this is Luke, Luke this is Nathan and Peter." They all shake hands and I'm happy it is going well. I'm pretty sure that Luke doens't know about mine and Nathan's past and I would like it to stay that way. Luke gets pretty jealous and I don't need that, especially not today.

"So this is the famou Luke," Nathan says. "I've heard a lot about you."

My stomach is doing a million flips inside and I take the chance to introduce them to the rest of the guys before anything else is said.

A few hours go by and my friends and I are all playing volleyball and having a great time. Occasionally my mother pulls me away to introduce me to her friends and to thank them for coming. I like having a party like this, but it's kind of annoying to have to talk to every single person that shows up; especially since I'm not good with talking and I've never met half of these people in my life.

Soon more people start to show up from my school and I am shocked at the amount of them that actually came. They must remember that I threw "such a great party" and decided to come have some fun.

Overwhelmed with the amount of people, I go inside to get some space. No one is inside the house and I embrace the quiet. As I am pouring myself a drink, I see a shadow come in from the dining room. I don't look up as I figure it is just someone that came inside to use the bathroom or something. Just before I can walk back outside, I am stopped by the voice behind me.

"Hi there, you must be Allis."