Chapter 29

"Luke!" I yell, even though he is right next to me.

"What's wrong?" He asks. 

"Come on!" I yell. We set our stuff down and I lead him out of the store. As we step outside, I immediately spot the bright green hair that stands out from everything else. 

"Allis, where are we....what the hell?!" He exclaims and I know that he finally notices the problem. "Michael!" Luke yells as we approach him. Him and the girl turn around and I am disgusted at the sight in front of me.

Myra.

"Dude, what the hell are you doing?" Luke asks. They both look at each other and giggle. I'm not sure why until I get a closer look at his eyes, which are bloodshot and glossy. 

"Are you...high?" I ask disapointingly. My best friend was sitting at home bawling her eyes out while Michael was out getting high with another girl. To make matters worse, it was with Myra. I had never liked her one bit, I knew she was trouble.

"So what if he is? It's not like it's any of your business," she butts in with a smirk.

"Actually it is my business considering he broke my best friend's heart just last night," I snap back.

"Aw, are you gonna go cry about it too?" She asks with a child-like pouty face.

"You stupid bitch," I mumble and throw myself at her. I am haulted by a pair of arms twisting around my waist. 

"She's not worth it babe," Luke whispers into my ear as I struggle against him. I eventually stop and he lets me go. "Stay out of this Myra. What is your problem Michael? Why did you hurt Linley?"

"I don't want to talk about her," Michael responds quietly. I knew he was hiding something, but I just didn't know what. I was very disappointed in him, I couldn't believe he was doing this. This wasn't him. The sweet Michael that I knew would never behave this way.

"Luke why don't you take your little goodie girlfriend and buy her some barbies," Myra smirks again, pushing Michael away from us. 

"Why don't you go fuck yourself Myra," he says back angrily.

"You already took care of that for me," she winks before getting into the car that Michael was already in. 

My stomach drops at her words and sends a pinching feeling through my heart. I knew that Luke had slept with many girls before me, but I didn't know for sure that Myra was one of them. Until now, that is.

"Just ignore her babe," he says as he takes my hand and leads me back into the store. I try to ignore it as best I can, but it doesn't work. The words still flow through my brain. I know that it doesn't matter now that I have Luke, but it still bothers me. A lot. We pay for the rest of our things and head to Linley's. I don't say a word.

When we arrive at her house, I get out of the car immediately. I know that I shouldn't be mad at Luke, but I didn't want to speak to him right now. I didn't know what to say even if I did want to talk to him, I just felt uncomfortable at the moment. 

I knock on the door a few times before Lin's mom finally answered. I couldn't handle standing out here in the awkward silence any longer.

"Hello Allis, she's in her room," she says with a sad smile.

"Thanks Marie," I say before walking in and leading Luke to her room.

I knock on her door before walking in on my own. She is curled up in her bed, sad music playing in the background. She turns to look at us and sadness for her fills up my heart. Her eyes are swollen and red, but luckily she wasn't crying at the moment.