Chapter 75

As Luke and I sneak out the back of the venue and into the black SUV, I am trying to think of what to say to Ben. After Luke spoke those last words to me telling me that I needed to call him and meet with him, he began leading me through the hallway without saying a word to anyone. I dial Ben's number and fight back the tears that are desperately fighting to break free. I cringe in the silence, the ringing of the phone being the only noise to my ears. I would do anything to get Luke to talk to me, but I know I shouldn't try to bother him; that would only make it worse.

Could it even get any worse?

"What do you want?" I hear the voice I hate most at the moment. I can't believe I actually have to talk to him after what happened.

"Look," I begin. I hesitate for a moment before speaking words that I know will anger Luke, but he has to know that I'm only doing this in order for Ben to let me see him. "I've been thinking about all the things you said..." I trail off.

"And?" He asks rudely on the other end of the line.

"And I'm sorry. Can you meet me somewhere, again?" I force out a small laugh.

"And how do I know this isn't a trick?" He asks, a little less rude than the previous time.

"You don't...But if it says anything, I can't stop thinking about how perfectly your lips felt against mine." I cringe at the horrible words I have just said and don't even look at Luke who probably has smoke blowing out of his ears right now. "I want to feel it again."

I want to throw up. Not only because of how disgusted I am at the thought of kissing him again, but also because of how awful it must be for Luke to hear those words coming out of my mouth and spoken to another guy. I've already hurt him enough. I just have to keep reminding myself that this is the only way it will work.

But more importantly, it is possibly the only way I might be able to still save my relationship.

"I knew you would come around," Ben finally says in that snarky tone that I despise. If only he knew how big of an idiot he actually is.

"Meet me at Shaw Park in 30 minutes," I say quickly, wanting to end this conversation already.

"Of course, I'll be there as soon as I can. I can't wait to see you," he adds at the end.

"I can't wait to see you either," I say as gulp down my anger and disgust.

We both hang up and I sigh as I throw my head back against the seat. I sneak a peak over at Luke to see his fists balled up and eyebrows scrunched together in anger. The habit of biting his lip ring has only gotten worse as he does it non stop.

I want nothing more than to grab his hand and tell him how much I love him. I almost do, but do everything in my power to stop myself. I don't want to anger him further.

I tell the driver exactly where to go and close my eyes, hoping that when I wake up this will all have been just a bad dream. A speed bump prevents me from doing so however, not wanting me to wake up from this nightmare.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/N

Hello my lovelies

I know it's been so long and it's such a short chapter, but I'm already beginning to work on the next part.

I love you guys so much and I hope you're still happy with my writing