Chapter 27

Song for the chapter: Without You by Boyce Avenue

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I knew for a fact that the shock on my face was evident, but it was no worse than Louis' as he almost spit out his food. Of course I had grown to like Troy, but I couldn't believe that my mother was getting married again. Already? 

"We've set the wedding date to be a few days after your graduation, that way Louis will be home for it and Luke will be here too," my mom smiles. Did she not notice our stunned expressions? She pauses, looking around the table between me, Louis and Bradley. "So what do you guys think?" She asks after a moment of silence.

"He'll never be my dad!" Bradley yells out, shocking everyone including me, before jumping up from the table and running out of the room. 

"Bradley!" My mother tries to call out, but she knows it is too late when we hear the stomping of footseps crash up the stairs followed by a slamming door. 

I turn my attention to Louis when he lets out a small laugh. His eyes are fixed on my own before he looks down and scoots himself away from the table. "Good luck with this one, he's a real charmer," he says sarcastically as he grabs his father's shoulders and glances from my mother to me prior to exiting the room. 

Silenced by the number of events that had just happened so quickly, I turn to my mother's sad face. "How do you feel about this Allison?" She asks, hopeful that I will be the only approving one. 

"I honestly don't know what to think right now mom, I need some time to think." Her face falls at my remark and I can't bear to sit in this depressing room anymore. I grab Luke's hand and lead him out of the dining room and up the stairs. When we get inside my room, I immediately fall onto my bed and bury my head into the pillow. I hear Luke shut and lock the door before coming over and falling on top of me. "You're squishing me," I say with the small amount of breath that I have. He rolls off of me and I can't help but laugh when the air comes back to my lungs. 

I roll onto my side and stare into his angelic eyes that are fixed on my own. "How are you feeling?" He asks. 

"Well I can't be anything other than happy when I'm laying here with you," I say with a smile.

He returns the smile and wraps his arms around me tightly. "Do you wanna talk about what happened down there?"

"Not really," I whisper. "I just need some time to think it over."

"I understand," he says before leaning in to plant a small kiss on the tip of my nose. "Let's get back to the more important subject, what was your big announcement?" 

I had forgotten that I was going to even tell everybody my news, and a smile spread across my face knowing that Luke remembered. "I mean it's not that big. I just decided that I want to be an event planner."

"That's great Allis! I know you've been debating it for a while, so I'm glad you finally chose something," he smiles and pulls me in tightly for a hug. "Did you choose what college yet?"

"No, I'm having a hard time with that. I really don't need an education to do that, but I don't know what to do," I sigh.

"I know you'll figure it out when the time is right and whatever you decide to do will be the right choice," he says. "I can't believe my baby is graduating."

"I can't believe you're not graduating with me," I pout.

"I know, but I'll be right there watching and supporting you as you walk across that stage."

"What if I trip up there?" I ask. The thought alone makes my cheeks flush with color.

He laughs and nuzzles his face in my hair, planting a soft kiss on the top of my head. "I would expect you to."

"Hey!" I yell playfully. "Thanks for believing in me."

"Shush, you know I will still love you no matter what happens," he throws in a wink.

"Yeah, yeah," I say with a smile. I sigh before speaking again. "How am I supposed to start my life without you?" I ask sadly. I didn't want to damper the mood, but I did need to talk to him about how I've been feeling.

He pulls away from me and looks at me with seriousness in his eyes. "You're going to start it and you'll do wonderful things. I might not be here everyday to tell you how great you're doing or to hold you every night, but just know that no matter where I am, I will always be proud of you and I will support whatever decisions you make as long as they make you happy."

His words put me at ease. Even though it will be hard to be without him again, especially at the start of a new chapter in my life, I am beyond happy to know that he will always be my number one supporter. I sigh again, but this one is filled with happiness and a sense of relief. "You're so great, you know that?"

"I try to be the best that I can for you, we both know that you deserve nothing less." His voice is filled with promises that I know he won't break, and I can't help but ask myself over and over again how I got so lucky. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

A/N

Hey babes,

sorry for the lack of updates and the boring chapters. I keep getting attacked with writer's block, but just so you guys know I do have a lot planned for this story.

Don't give up on me :)

I love you guys so much, Run is almost at 200k and that is freaking insane.

thanks for continuing to read it means so much that you all continue to support my work 

xx