Chapter 49

"Are you gonna hug us or what?" I am brought back to reality by the voice.

I had been standing there frozen with shock, staring at the two bodies in front of me. I knew that my best friend, Abigail, was coming to see me; but I was told that Ben wouldn't be coming. But here they both were, standing before me.

I regain the power to move and dart towards both of them, our bodies colliding so hard that we all three fall to the ground in a fit of laughter.

"I can't believe you guys are here," I say as tears make their way to my eyes. I throw my arms around them and lay there as we all cry and laugh. "I thought you weren't coming?" I eventually ask Ben as we help each other off of the floor.

"I wanted to surprise you," he replies with a small smile.

He looked much older, even though it hadn't even been a year since I saw him last. He had matured a lot; he looked good.

I force my eyes off of him and turn to Luke, who is now standing next to the table. Bradley had run over and hugged Abigail and Ben as well, while Troy kept his seat at the table.

"Guys, this is Luke," I say as I lead them closer to him. "Luke, this is Abigail and Ben." Luke and Abigail shake hands with ease, but I can feel the tension as his and Ben's hands meet; at least from Ben's end.

"So you guys are back together, huh?" Ben asks us when he takes his hand back.

"Yes, we worked everything out. I didn't even know you knew about all of that," I answer and I feel Luke's arm snake around my waist, putting a small smile on my face.

"Well of course, Abigail tells me everything too," he says back.

I wanted to ask why he didn't check on how I was doing if he knew everything, and why he hadn't contacted me at all lately, but I decide against it. It would just make everything awkward and I wanted to have a good time while my best friends were here.

"We're just finishing up dinner then we were gonna go hang out with our friends, do you guys wanna do that?" I ask instead.

"Sounds great!" Abigail answers for the both of them while Ben leaves the same smirk on his face, looking from me to Luke. "Oh my gosh, you must be Louis' dad," she rushes over to the table. "It is such an honor to meet you, I love your son. Sorry, I know you probably get that a lot," she rambles on and I can't help but laugh.

"Thank you, it's okay," he replies as he wipes his mouth with a napkin. "I would love for you to meet him, but I actually don't know where he is at the moment. I'm sure you'll see him before you head back to America though."

"Oh my God, I will flip out. But I have to try not to, but thank you so much!" She says and I can tell she is trying not to scream.

Ben and Abigail sit in the living room and watch T.V. as Luke and I finish our food. When we do get done, we help clean up and I run upstairs with Luke to change into comfier clothes.

"So what do you think?" I ask Luke as I throw on an All Time Low t-shirt and a pair of black sweatpants.

"Well I can't tell yet, I just met them," he laughs as he changes as well. "So far Abigail seems really nice, but Ben seems kinda weird. He won't stop staring at me."

I don't tell Luke about the reason that I believe is the cause for Ben's behavior, for it would just cause conflict. Plus, I don't even know if what I think is actually true; so I decide to leave it alone.

"I'm just glad you finally got to meet them." I walk over to him and wrap my arms around his skinny body.

"Well I'm just glad that you're happy." He smiles and leans down to plant a small kiss on my forehead. "You ready to go?" He asks.